Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
I'm playin it now, OP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
Help me out here guys, should I play the first game before the sequel? (I played it a little before)

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
Try as I might, I can't beat the second fight with Jeanne in the first game. I guess I'll just turn of the WiiU and go to bed, defeated.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
For the first Bayonetta, what does easy (automatic) mode mean? I'm getting crushed on Normal. I'm on around chapter V and I really just can't beat it. I'm not using any items, maybe that's the issue? I never needed them in any other Platinum game I've played so I don't really wanna use any here.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
Also what does the left trigger do? It seems to cycle through 2 different types like modes in DMC or something but I don't remember it ever getting explained. I was waiting for a tutorial or something but it still hasn't brought it up.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

Pesky Splinter posted:

It means holding down the attack button will make Bayonetta perform a string of combos automatically, with no need for directional imputs or pauses combos and poo poo. It's easy easy mode.

Just use the items - that's what they're they for, until you become more familiar with stuff. What part exactly are you finding difficult?

Changes the weapon loadout. You have to set the weapons yourself first though, in the weapons menu.

I couldn't beat the second fight with the red woman (i forget her name, Jeanne?). I've been relying pretty heavily on witch time to beat most of the enemies, can you even hurt the two claw dudes without it? Oh, I have other weapons? Are those the things I get from the CD's? Don't I need to buy them first?

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
:vince: Holy gently caress the combinations are limitless

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
I'm seriously overwhelmed by the possibilities these new weapons are giving me

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
So I did a torture attack on one of the flying dudes and Bayonetta pulls a chainsaw out of nowhere and cuts him in half. :stare:

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

Pesky Splinter posted:

Grace and Glory? They're real bastards the first time everyone plays. It's possible to beat everyone really, without witch-time. The hardest difficulty actually disables it. It's kinda crazy.

They're not that bad if you come in with a full magic meter since their health is pretty drat low. It's just that they're really fast and hit like a freight train (their arial juggle move takes out about 70% of my health bar).

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
I beat chapter V. Feels good, although my ranks always suck since even though I usually get gold and silver I die lots and always miss the secret fights.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
How do you dodge the 2nd bosses punch move? Nothing seems to be working.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
I came across some challange that was just "use only wicked weaves" and I spent the whole time trying to sit back and build up a combo until i could use the weave, but hitting the enemy at all canceled me out. I spent the whole time trying to get enough distance to build up a combo which was working for a bit. Am I missing something? This is the most convoluted bullshit challange the game's thrown at me so far.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

sharrrk posted:

PKP is the fastest wicked weave that doesn't require magic to use. just keep your distance and avoid making contact with the enemy except for the weave

[comically long exhale]

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
Well that's 3 times in a row I've been whittling down the last dude to have to clock run out. Yeah gently caress this poo poo this is garbage.

E: The loading screen menu says I've used punch kick punch over 400 times. :yikes:

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
Ummmm... I definitely knew there was a parry in this game. :sweatdrop:

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
Hey, how exactly do you catch crows? I'm in chapter X and there's one on the other side of a platform but nothing I try lets me get it. I've tried sneaking up on it and just rushing it but I can't grab it in time.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
I figured out what I was messing up, I wasn't pressing the right button since I don't think I've ever actually seen the prompt.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

Rad Valtar posted:

So is bayo one worth playing before I start bayo 2?

Yes, that's why they gave it to you for free.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
Anyone have any tips for chapter 3? I seem to have more trouble with this chapter than any other in the whole game, I'm just not sure what exactly I'm doing wrong? I can't hit these guys most of the fight.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

Excelsior posted:

by pressing the jump button; Bayo will dash towards the enemy.

That's all I needed; thanks man!

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
Revengence was cool but really needed different enemy varieties. Bayonetta 2 introduces new guys up until the final boss practically. Would really like to see a Revengence 2, haha

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
Also for the loving love of god put in on the fly weapon switching

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

ChaosArgate posted:

If they don't have to develop for last gen systems, they might be able to. The poor PS3 and its piddly 256 mb of RAM couldn't handle having all of the weapons loaded into memory at once.

Yeah, I know why they couldn't do it it's just a shame because it really held the game back IMO.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

Theta Zero posted:

I started with Revengeance and went to Bayonetta 1 and 2, and they both flow pretty much identically in my opinion. It's just that Revengeance had unorthodox controls; dodging really should've been bound to a single button. But once you get used to them, it's fine.

Rising has a dedicated action button on circle. Why this wasn't made the dodge button and just make opening doors context sensitive is beyond me. Terrible idea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
Yeah... really kicking rear end there buddy.....

• Locked thread