Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Echoing how radical this game is. The swords and whips feel much better to use.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Neo Rasa posted:

Are you gonna still be able to turn into animals and stuff too?

I think you turn into a leopard to run around.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

oswald ownenstein posted:

Really hesitant to buy this - not because it's not a good game, but because I'm just so burnt out on 3rd person action games.

Same reason I am not picking up Shadows of Mordor - I put maybe 4 hours into AC4 before getting bored, and the last 3d action game I finished was Lords of Shadow 2 (and what a piece of crap that was).

Thoughts?

edit: Lots of T&A will definitely sway me. Is this a game with lots of T&A?

Don't worry, you're not burnt out on 3rd person action games, you've just been playing Assassin's Creed, once you play something that has action you'll be good. Try out Shadows of Mordor to wake up your fingers from their slumber.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

The Moon Monster posted:

Has anyone heard anything about that Legend of Korra game coming out on Tuesday? On the one hand it's a licensed game based off a dumb Nickelodeon show but on the other hand it's Platinum. There seems to be virtually no info on it on the internet besides a couple 3 minute ad videos.

There's a few interviews and stuff, the final boss looks like Ancient Chinese Spirit Armstrong. Won't really know enough until it comes out, but it looks like good combat, and they probably got only slightly less time to do this game than they got for Revengeance, so i'm guessing it's good. One interview mentioned how, since it's a licensed game based off a cartoon, the difficulties are set so normal is for people that haven't played action games, and that Platinum fans should start with Hard.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Finally playing this after getting it on launch. Holy poo poo that first proper level felt long as hell, but in an awesome way, after being garbage in MGR, TW101 and Bayo 1 I finally feel like I'm hot poo poo on this game, I got stuff down, I appreciate that the first combo on the list is a launcher that i've been using a ton, the extra challenges now feel like they are things I can handle and the life boosts i've been getting just feels crazy compared to the little I could manage to get in previous games.
Then the result screen came on and I realized I still manage to miss one encounter :v: and then I remembered that I hit Silver for the first level in every one of these games. My poo poo's gonna get pushed in soon, isn't it. It'll be fun as hell, tho!

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Managed to get a death during chapter 2 and miss two of the extra encounters so i'm sure i'll feel overwhelmed way before chapter 12.

Got all the encounters and a Platinum rank in Chapter 4 ;w;

MorningMoon fucked around with this message at 04:20 on Mar 9, 2015

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

I am kicking this game's rear end it's so amazing, i think i've only missed eight encounters max and i'm at chapter 14 already, with three or four deaths, none in the same chapter. Pretty sure no stones so far, either. I lost it when I reached the second life bar and holy poo poo fighting alongside Bayo's mom is awesome, this game is great I feel so loving pumped after playing so much platinum in the last year that I can finally really start wrecking poo poo.

e:

aww yii

MorningMoon fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Mar 15, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

I went from Stone average to Silver average, i'm calling that a moral victory. :colbert:

• Locked thread