Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
Bayonetta threads are gonna keep degenerating into gay rear end feminism debates cuz there's still 10 days before the game come out. Probably should just wait till like a day or two before release.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

The Taint Reaper posted:

Seriously what sort of grown rear end man is afraid of someone walking in on them playing a video game? If someone sees tits so the gently caress what? Like nothing will happen. Shrug it off.

Someone with social status to lose you creep

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

oswald ownenstein posted:

edit: Lots of T&A will definitely sway me. Is this a game with lots of T&A?

Are you a god damned clown or something?

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
Just hold down the button. You'll keep firing and you'll automatically dodge offset every time.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

BottledBodhisvata posted:

I can get behind a combat system that actively rewards and encourages you to talk poo poo in between high kicks

You got a lot of games to catch up on then. Start with DMC, 2001.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
Yeah he's being exactly the kind of person I imagine created Dante and Bayonetta. He also doesn't need to give a gently caress about any controversy his comments create in America.

Aw snap somebody got mad about my posts.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
Korra reviews are trickling in but I can't read them at work. Anybody here have some first impressions to share?

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
I bit the bullet and got Korra on Steam. It feels exactly like what it is: a budget Platinum title. Now the real question is whether or not I'll still enjoy it without all the bombastic over the top action that usually accompanies P* games.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
The "gently caress you" QTEs aren't a big deal. If you fail you start over from the cutscene. They only count for score, and if you're going for Pure Platinum then you already know they're coming and are well prepared.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
I went out and got this today and it was actually kind of hard to find! Nice to see that it's selling. I'm replaying Bayo 1 first. The Link costume has a free parry built in, which is pretty loving cool. Free parry and another accessory slot? I don't see myself using any other outfit.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
Put a couple of hours into Bayo 1 tonight on the WiiU and I'm falling in love all over again. This is seriously the best most fluid action game (gently caress Ninja Gaiden). Its an utter joy to play. It's also nice not to deal with the ps3 version anymore, although there have been a few hiccups in the frame rate.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

ChaosArgate posted:

I'm halfway through Bayonetta 1, I think and I am absolutely getting wrecked by Grace and Glory, and I've met their meaner cousins Gracious and Glorious. Is there anything I should do to make it easier to fight them? So far I've just been falling back on the Link costume's inherent parry to mitigate some damage, but it's hard to parry a dude who decides to attack from offscreen.

Keep your distance and use guns. Make sure you're dodge offsetting to get those wicked weaves in.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

BottledBodhisvata posted:

Can somebody explain Dodge Offset to me? I never really understood it in either game.

Also: I'm looking for the third LP piece in the Depths. I got one near the start on the cliffs with the two-dog fight, and a second in the weird forest where you fight Sloth and the two ball wizard guys. Is the third in that stage or elsewhere?

Just hold down the attack buttons. Do it all the time and extend every hit you can. Don't let go when you dodge, that's the trick to dodge offsetting. Do it with the guns first, they're the easiest weapon to learn and the most balanced.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

Austrian mook posted:

Try as I might, I can't beat the second fight with Jeanne in the first game. I guess I'll just turn of the WiiU and go to bed, defeated.

Heres a weird trick for Jeanne/Joys: punch punch punch kick kick kick combo wrecks them. The first two kicks trip her, then the WW deals good damage.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
Platinum has been at Valve before, like years back. I wouldn't hold my breath for seeing any more Platinum/Sega games on Steam. But I would love to be wrong!

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

enojy posted:

You guys are just trolling by recommending this game, right? Granted I only saw the footage from E3, but it looked like a pretty lovely game.

Of course he's trolling, all Team Ninja games are and have always been garbage.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

PantsBandit posted:

how do you use the arm cannon with the samus outfit? Do you have to have charge shot unlocked?

It just replaces the regular gun shots, your combos are still from your other weapons.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

PantsBandit posted:

Huh, weird. I thought that was supposed to be it but I tried it out last night and I just had my regular guns.

Works for me, don't know what to tell ya. When I hold down the y button Scarb. Fair disappears and she shoots little energy pellets from her arm.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
The one combo muspelheims taught me how to mash the shoot guns button and abuse bullet climax. Also apparently spamming punch with the bow continuously doesn't count as a combo.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

Oxxidation posted:

I don't think I've ever Dodge Offset once, never hindered me any. So long as you never drop the combo you still have a decent chance of getting Plat score for most battles.

When you play the game correctly you'll be doing it without even realizing the fact.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
If you put on the Zelda costume you get parry for free so you can play around with other accessory setups. I haven't messed around with it too much but it's got potential for some unbalanced fun.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

enojy posted:

I think that was precisely where I left off in MGR, because I was playing a Gamefly copy and wanted to get something else in my queue. It was one of those over the top, ultra-satisfying boss fights that Bayonetta 2 is chock full of.

You have seen NOTHING. That is just setting the tone.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

Fedule posted:

Are there even 40 enemy types, anyway? I know there's quite a few but that seems like it's pushing it a bit.

The flashback chapters have to have at least 10-15 on their own.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
Are fire and ice good against angels/demons respectively? I'm not sure if any elemental weakness comes into play.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

Suaimhneas posted:

I don't have a whip yet. Does that function like in the first game? Because holy poo poo that would make this a lot easier.

No it doesn't. There's 3 of these muspelheims and they only get harder. The last one us just 2 platforms and I gave up on it.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
I don't feel the need to go looking for the hidden verses because Witch Trials scratches the pure combat itch nicely. Getting all plats is for the ocd weirdos who put value on achievements.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
Their philosophy seems to be that getting a perfect run means doing the entire level perfectly in one go. I can respect that, even though it makes the checkpoint system kind of funky.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

whaley posted:

Doing good at a game is for OCD weirdos that's why I'm bad on purpose

Well there's being good at the combat and then there's being an obsessive who has to find every hidden verse.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

SeANMcBAY posted:

The only thing 1 has over 2 is maybe cooler bosses. It's a shame that the Wii U version has a poo poo frame rate. I can't imagine how bad it was on PS3 if it's still better.

The bosses in Bayo 1 all look really cool but too many of them end up being punching bags. Bayo 2s bosses feel a lot more dynamic.

I also think Jeanne is a better adversary than the sage, but they're both really fun to fight.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
Man chapter 9 is a brick wall in my 3rd Climax run. It feels like the difficulty just spikes here. Prophet especially has almost no tells on his moves.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
Just play the game and have fun. Go into practice mode or witch trials and try some poo poo out. This is a game not some weird natural phenomenon that needs dissection.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

Fedule posted:

Chainsaws. They might stay stunned just long enough to get off a Just Release.

A what now? You can charge up the chainsaws?

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
Dag I had no idea about that last bit. That's why I love these types of games.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
I remember it was really hard to find a copy at launch for me, but now i see them sitting on the shelf at most stores.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
They "fixed" the players ability to randomly mash the parry button by making the harder bosses randomly teleport behind you when they attack, it always gets me.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
Try reloading from a checkpoint? That's definitely a bug, don't know what else to say about it.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

Wildtortilla posted:

Thanks! Is there a way to set lock on to toggle? I'd rather not have to hold R while fighting enemies.

Unless they changed it in the port, Bayonettas controls are locked in and you have to deal with them as they are.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
If you play the Sage & Rosa card in tag climax and one of the PCs is Rosa, the enemies will be Jeanne and Bayo instead. I thought that was a cool little touch.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
A continue only costs you one rank at the end. You must be missing hidden verses, that's what's bringing down your score.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

Totalizator posted:

Well, it usually takes me two to three failiures before i get down a QTE that's giving me trouble, meaning that it's either stone right off the bat or one failiure on something like Grace and Glory (that 80% hp air juggle is brutal). The game is definitely replayable so I'm going to fix these stones on my second playthrough but it's still frustrating.

Alright well as soon as you get the Moon that juggle wont be a problem anymore. Keep on truckin!

• Locked thread