Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

I'm gonna be in VA the weekend of 25/26.

Celeb goon appearance?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

ARE YOU READY??????

:gooncamp:

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

Yes I left some stickers and no you can't have my behymen.

Fawresterrrr

40 dollars to fix the one second pause in the driveline. Worth it. I need to do another set up here and weld the rings up into a press tool so I can not have to gently caress with sawzall/fire/air hammer to get the old ones out and can instead just bolt on a THING and impact the old bushes out.

Also if you find my leatherman please put it aside for me k thx.

The dales pale was good too. THANK YOU FOR THE HOSPITALITY.

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

Once the cabinets are built get a big rear end vice to bolt to it!

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

Adiabatic posted:

That is the main reason my roommate is helping with these cabinets. He has some fetish for vices or something. Any recommendations?

Metal. Big. Old.

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

God drat.

I'm going to have to step up my game next time I visit.

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

Carpet clean and a hardware store product called Ozium is how I deal with hosed up car smells.

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

That vice is awesome.

Also gently caress that stretch of 95 forever.

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

alternate.eago posted:

It's our ashtray. I fully expect it catch on fire on it's own one day.

You can set fire to a toilet and put a lot of fireworks/gas in them and they hold up pretty well.

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

Ahahaha gently caress yeah!

I'm glad I was able to instill the wisdom and greatness that is Subaru trailing arm bushings.

We made it happen with what we got, but yeah that torch and the vice I'm sure that job was crushed out easy.

Drink a yeungling for me!

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

Adiabatic posted:

^^ The Shadetree Mechanic's Franchise! ^^

Roommate's Grand Cherokee cracked a head or some such nonsense. He's pulling one from the junkyard today and we're putting it in this weekend.

Some dude randomly wants to take some pictures of Subarus in my garage because they like that poo poo I guess.

Also have a turbo swap coming up on... you guessed it... a Subaru.

I really need to find some non-Subaru people.

Edit: Oh, I also have a weird intermittent vague feeling in the front end of the MR2 that I suspect is a worn tie rod giving up the ghost. We'll see for sure after the "new" cylinder head is on the Sneep.

I hope the turbo swap is someone going up a size and not someone replacing a bad turbo thats probably already half way through fragging their motor :ohdear:

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

Adiabatic posted:

Roommate spent 3 hours taking a new-looking shiny head off a junkyard motor to find two shattered pistons embedded in it.

Guess I'm going to the yard tomorrow :haw:

Pro tip. Spin the motor over by hand with a breaker bar. If you feel compression with no gaps you're less likely to have a dumper of a motor.

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

why why why why why why

I'd rather swap in literally anything else than have to drill into a block :wtc:

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

Raluek posted:

It's a motor that GM decided was not worth making anymore. Made by the British.

Adiabatic posted:

I think the last page has fully cemented the "gently caress Rovers" idea in my head.

As for the cast question: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6G1Ojv3I20

I dont understand it at all and I have pretty bad Subaru Stockholm Syndrome... "oh you want a cheap NA car, yeah lets go find one and I'll just do the headgaskets and timing belt on something cheap on a saturday for you. I cant imagine pulling a v8 and DRILLING INTO THE loving BLOCK AND LINER as routine preventative maintenance.

Adiabatic posted:

If you like hops it's going to kick you in the nuts with them. I personally love them, and hope you do too.

I quiet enjoyed the Dales I had when I visited

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

Shampoo posted:

If Kastein is coming down, have him bring you some Narragansett.

Yuengling crushes gansett hands down.

Every beer has it's place. I go from fancy sours / IPAs to Schlitz pretty quickly.

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

Adiabatic posted:

If you brought me fancy sours I wouldn't mind in fact id probably like it

Edit also holy poo poo if you and kastein come down we need to go to Mekong. It's ten minutes from my place and they normally have at least ten random sour beers.

When I get down there next I'm bringing you some baller allagash poo poo.

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

gently caress that VW and gently caress those idiots who can't do a simple sway bar job.

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

Subaru owners are the biggest loving freeloaders.

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

Adiabatic posted:

Shut up NEAI this is Virginia it's not supposed to do this

Hey

Hey

Mr sno drift rally service. Stop being a pussy thats like half an inch of snow.

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

<3

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

oh look another subaru poo poo dick kid who wants somethin' for nothin'

Fire 'em.

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

Dude. Fire this guy.

That is going to be a project where you are doing all the work because hes a token idiot loving brobaru owner.

I had one of those projects and NEVER AGAIN. Was supposed to be a motor in and he was going to be "guy who's project it was and he was supposed to have a clue". I was just to help and have the garage.

Turns out I tied up my folks garage for a weekend dressing and installing a motor that had the wrong up pipe and down pipe to finish the job. He got it dropped off in front of his parents house on our trailer with a GOOD LUCK.

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

All this Brobaru talk is really driving me away from the brand.

I have two and want a third. I also hate subaru owners.

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

poo poo is so drat cheap on rock auto I don't understand why you don't buy every single drat wear part you might bump into doing the job BEFOREHAND.

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

Fucknag posted:

I heard a while back that the stage thing makes more sense on older subarus (early USDM WRXes, etc) since there's a relatively standard progression of "what to upgrade next". Could be complete bullshit, but I do usually hear that terminology from subaru guys these days.

1: tune
2: downpipe + tune
3: turbo + supporting mods
everything else is retarded need for speed/ebay poo poo like a stage 2 blowoff valve or stage 5 clutch etc

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

SNiPER_Magnum posted:

But why not just name them according to torque/HP ratings then? Instead of Monster Level 1, call it a Monster 450. At least that's somewhat informative.

those are too many numbers for idiots

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

XJ/MJ heater core pro tip/ghetto hack.

If you want to gamble like I did on my 99, undo both heater core hoses in the engine bay not from the fire wall.

Run what water and compressed air you can through the hoses. If you get steady stream and or garbage flowing out great! If not...

ITS TIME TO GAMBLE

Tie the hoses up high in the engine bay and fill both with CLR. Then flush the hoses the next morning.

You will get either one of two results which is why this is gambling. Your blockage will be cleared.. OR the blockage that is the pin hole leaks in your rusty garbage heater core will be cleared and puke coolant in your interior.

I gambled and won. It was in January. And that is my XJ heater core story.

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

The twin turbos suck. Most people convert them to single.

The best part? They physically don't fit in a LHD car. The 2nd turbo hits the steering shaft.

TT swaps are a good mineshaft cannary for stupid subaru owners. You can see a subaru bro tard coming from a mile away when they say "i want to do a TT swap"

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

Yeah it doesn't work like that. This guy will show up and not have a clue and adiabatic will have to bust rear end just to get the turd out the door or let the thing sit there for weeks while idiot owner head scratches because they bit off more than they can chew.

Been there done that. Like I said, TT swaps suck and don't actually work on usdm cars and anyone who suggest them doesn't have an idea of what they are doing and won't be able to do the job themself.

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

The bed bolts are on the top not the bottom!??!

I have to pull the F250 bed this fall to repair the cross bracing. Should be easy with the welder and that they're on top. The bed has a liner.

Also good job on the inlet, those things are a bitch.

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

~Just rusty bolt things~

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

I run a real gear which is apparently a Lincoln knock off.

http://www.praxairdirect.com/Product1_10152_10051_65670_-1

It's great for body work and light fabrication. If I'm going to weld huge structural pieces or offroad bumpers gently caress that, but for doing terrible body work, installing mustang frame stiffeners, or doing a panhard bar, it's close enough.

I just jumped in head first to welding and it turned out okay. We aren't running it on anything more than a standard poo poo teir outlet either.

Lil' bit of welding, lil' bit of filler, lil' bit of paint, you can slam the car into stumps and be 'aight.

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

Nice work. Hopefully the leaking is gone. I haven't seen them leak bad. When I tore my car apart twice it was actually the oil pan.

:spergin: Also, the STi limited came with a small flush spoiler on the trunk, not a wrx wing. In addition to that the were only made in 07, not 05 like that car is. That is just an STi that has had the trunk swapped. :spergin:

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

Socket with electrical tape works in a pinch on subarus, I actually cut the input shaft off a transmission and use that now instead :haw:

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

awww yay my poop wagon made the bmw picture collage cut

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

Pictures load fine. Its u, ur the one with the bad internet

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

Sudo Echo posted:

Ken wins for best dressed.

I didn't even notice at first but HOLY poo poo :laffo:

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

kastein posted:

I would also go with high gloss white, preferably a solvent and oil resistant paint. The brighter the surface the better lit your shop will stay, no matter what lighting you have.

This.

Also I am mad jelly.