Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bandman
Mar 17, 2008
Chiming in to also say that your Snapchat videos are the highlight of my day. If I lived in the Richmond area, I would totally be trying to ply you with beer to be my best friend so I could use your garage, because it is truly a kickass garage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bandman
Mar 17, 2008

Terrible Robot posted:

Let me tell you about the PCV on the Volvo 850...:kheldragar:

Please note the replacement intake manifold gasket.

Volvo's PCV/Flame Trap systems have always seemed like an overcomplicated, overengineered hot Swedish mess.

bandman
Mar 17, 2008

Adiabatic posted:

I just noticed my S2000 engine is missing.

How the gently caress do you steal an entire loving engine? Like really, how the gently caress does someone make off with that?

God drat man, that sucks.

bandman
Mar 17, 2008
:catstare: What the gently caress have you purchased?

bandman
Mar 17, 2008

kastein posted:

Agreed. As long as you have enough fun with it before the transmissions like to go snap/crackle/pop, perfectly acceptable to keep a driveline fuse that is 1. common 2. cheap and 3. fairly simple to swap.

I'd really prefer the fuse to be something like a CV ball cage or spline stripping and spinning*, since those are a "30 minutes on the side of the road and carry 8 spares in the trunk" sort of ordeal, but you play the hand you're dealt...

* unless the shaft snaps in the process and flails everything in the suspension/undercarriage, that's generally not conducive to roadside repairs.

My ex's dad uses the cv ball cage as the fuse in the drivetrain on his 2GR swapped MR2 spyder. Lifetime warranty from AutoZone, just keeps returning grenaded axles and nobody asks any questions.

bandman
Mar 17, 2008
Are there pictures of the Gorester, or have they been posted further back in the thread?

This sounds like a wonderful hoonwagon, by the way.

bandman
Mar 17, 2008

Seminal Flu posted:

Hopefully you're installing the turbo that it's missing.

There’s a few mk2s out there with 2GRs. You could have a Lotus Evora of your very own, depending on how adventurous you feel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bandman
Mar 17, 2008
tommyboywhatdyoudo.gif

tommyboywhatdyoudo.gif