Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008

Adiabatic posted:

If you want to be a dumbass,you get it chambered in .45-70 Government.

Current hillbilly collection:

Bottom: Henry Lever Action, chambered in .45-70 Government. The term "Elephant Gun" is nebulous, but you could call this rifle an entry-level one.
Haha this is awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008
Haha that's hosed up. Print out a few of them and stick them up with a sign something like "Stop stealing or I'm sending these pictures and more to the police."

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008

Leperflesh posted:

You guys are gonna kill me but, it shouldn't necessarily be level.
Note: I am not an expert on this poo poo, this is just my understanding.

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

Wait... I thought you're not supposed to have iron be level, but instead angled toward the drain?

For iron pipe, correct.

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008

Adiabatic posted:

gently caress. I should've looked at the engine a little closer...

Hahahahaha

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008

Adiabatic posted:

So the wife's sister has been driving the MR2 for about a week now, and two people have inquired about buying it.
Well,

quote:

Like, in its ratty, high idle, dead valve seals, dented, poo poo paint state.
I mean it's better than fixing all that poo poo, right?

Also, unless that Carmax sticker was on there for a while, try some regular soap/water first. I've removed a few Carmax stickers and they never left anything too bad behind.

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008

Leperflesh posted:

Is a couple grand either way going to ruin you? Because if not, I say just sell the thing as it sits and move on to a project that excites you rather than fills you with angst and dread.
Pretty much this. You shouldn't have too much trouble moving even a crappy example of an e30 on Craigslist.

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008
Let us hope you choose an LX450.

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008

Adiabatic posted:

Lurkers: What are your tried and true methods of cleaning parts on the cheap? Bolts, plastic covers, metal brackets, electrical looms. Gimme your secrets!
My dad works at a dealership. I made friends with people in the shop. They let me use their parts cleaners.

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008

Applebees Appetizer posted:

How much do the LS swaps run these days? I imagine there should be a few different swap kits out there by now. Probably shops that do it too.
Hoovies Garage on Youtube recently blew up a 996 and did an LS swap. Granted, he paid a mechanic for labor but he put out the number $17k for the swap. Included a couple pretty expensive adapter kits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008
Antique Vehicle?!