Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tyro
Nov 10, 2009
Man this thread is great. I'm jealous of the lift, I've never been a tech but when I worked at a shop the techs would let me use them, and the detail bay. Mostly because I provided comic relief because I know just enough to get myself into trouble.

I don't even have a garage or driveway any more. I may have to make arrangements to swing by your place with some beer at some point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tyro
Nov 10, 2009

quote:

Norse mythology and cars

I'm going to sell my GTI soon but I almost want to keep it just so I can bring it to your place and drink beer with you.

Tyro
Nov 10, 2009
Holy crap I was away for the summer and things look awesome now that I have caught up on the thread. Garage is looking amazing.

Tyro
Nov 10, 2009

Adiabatic posted:

Also, thinking a dark red for the faces with a dark grey on the frames. Like this:

That looks really sharp. I say go for it.

Tyro
Nov 10, 2009

Adiabatic posted:

Talked to a detective for an hour before posting this. He has the pictures already. He's pretty excited about it.

Of course he is, in Virginia that's felony burglary and probably a super easy collar with those photos.

Hilarious.

Tyro
Nov 10, 2009
:eyepop: :f5:

Tyro
Nov 10, 2009

Adiabatic posted:

Pro-tip: Never ask the internet anything

I feel like you already knew this.

Tyro
Nov 10, 2009

Vanagoon posted:

As long as you're not painting the car Camry Beige too. Then you'll have to give it a "Camry Dent"

https://jalopnik.com/the-incredible-mystery-of-the-camry-dent-1785413530

I had a beige Camry with the dent, kind of wish I'd kept it. Good reliable driving appliance.

Tyro
Nov 10, 2009
Hi dude! Glad you're still posting. I just moved back to Virginia, I probably need to clean my bike's carb too.

Hank looks useful to have around.

Tyro
Nov 10, 2009

Adiabatic posted:

Come on by! Hank is dope. I put new seats in him. I should take a picture.

I may have to do that, happy to help out with projects if you need some help from someone with a strong back, uh, capable mind second set of hands.

Wouldn't mind learning some new roads to flog my DR350SE on either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tyro
Nov 10, 2009
As a local I like the first 2 and the second to last one, but they're all good