Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009
Ask me about fixed-gear bikes (aka "fixies")
Make it ridiculous, turbo k24.

I know of a totalled manual tsx if you need a donor

After flipping twice and taking out a pole the drat thing was still running, using a shattered rim as a trowel in the ground.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009

Adiabatic posted:

Lurkers: What are your tried and true methods of cleaning parts on the cheap? Bolts, plastic covers, metal brackets, electrical looms. Gimme your secrets!

Those weird magic eraser things and good ole dawn do pretty well at getting the really fine things like bolt threads.

Cutting compound does pretty well at getting rid of thin surface rust without taking excessive amounts of metal away.

Unwrap your loom and take your favorite goop remover to it, then re wrap it.

All I got, boss

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009
A cheap keyboard, a laptop, and a flowkey or skoove subscription would be an excellent way to get to "able to noodle" levels of skill. Higher aspirations pretty much require 2 of 3 things:

Daily practice
A teacher
An incredibly stubborn personality

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009
My wife demands we go to galaxy diner every time we are in the area. Grandstaff&stein is good for drinks, bacchus does great fried oysters, and carytown cupcakes are great to bring back home.

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009
Black base, then a couple coats of hi temp clear with this mixed in

https://www.dipyourcar.com/collections/dip-pearls/products/tupelo-red-pearls?variant=1112698257423

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009
Buy a 1u hpc server, with the highest power delta fans you can. Bring the cacophony of work home, make music to it.

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009
That's not scary enough. Fit a twin turbo Mitsubishi 3000gt motor.

E: a Dodge stealth donor would be cheaper, do that

SeaGoatSupreme fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Nov 5, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009

Adiabatic posted:

Lmao
3. A chevy tahoe that "doesnt need anything"

Hello oil cooler lines ☺️