Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
Gonna follow this thread, love all the garage-talk in AI lately even if it does make me jealous as all gently caress.

Where in central VA are you located? I'm up in Charlottesville but would definitely bring all the beer if it meant access to a lift and goon-times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
Central VA goon meet?

I need to gather some more parts, but I've got so much suspension poo poo to install on the Forester (you can never escape the Subarus). A lift would turn a week-long hell march into a semi-pleasant day of wrenching.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Slow is Fast posted:

I'm gonna be in VA the weekend of 25/26.

Celeb goon appearance?

Assuming Adiabatic is ok with it, I was thinking about going there that weekend as well to thrash on the Forester and get the steering rack/other bits installed.

I'll bring at least one case of yuengling, probably two.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
Slow is Fast and I are planning on getting there around 10am tomorrow, we'll have plenty of fealty with us to fill your fridge.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
Shiiiiit, after checking PMs it looks like tomorrow isn't going to work unfortunately, scheduling conflict. I'll have to come down another weekend for sure though.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
Absolutely. Looks like the party is still on :getin:

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
Thanks again for letting us come and dirty up your garage, been a while since I had that much fun working on a car, AI goons are awesome people. :) I'm sure that won't be the last time you see the Forester sullying the lift, either.

Terrible Robot fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Oct 27, 2014

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Seat Safety Switch posted:

Whose trailing arm bushings look like a Brazilian gay pride parade? The TiC ones are just black.

Energy Suspension, iirc. The bright yellow things are the little tubs of grease for the bushings.

Single best repair/upgrade I've done to that car, it's like a completely different vehicle now.

Slow is Fast posted:

THANK YOU FOR THE HOSPITALITY.

Also, this can't be said enough times.

Terrible Robot fucked around with this message at 15:56 on Oct 27, 2014

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
gently caress, I had no idea InitialDave was coming through VA.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

InitialDave posted:

Just passing through for a couple of days while on the way down to NC this weekend, I'd clocked that Adiabatic was right by where my route would take me, so promised alcohol in exchange for goony interaction.

Jealous of your setup, Adiabatic, enjoy the beer!

Yeah he's a lot closer to all the major highways, my area would have been an inconvenience to get to. Still, if you ever find yourself back in VA and want to sight-see, I live in some gorgeous mountains and we have excellent local beers here. I'll buy.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
gently caress POs forever, man.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

cursedshitbox posted:

Can this be PO unappreciation week?

I'll go get my Appreciation Bat!

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Viggen posted:

So, its FOUR LOKO for prissy rich white people, then?

It doesn't have alcohol in it, so, no?

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Viggen posted:

Oops! I figured that it was as it was Scottish. :blush:

To be fair, that's a pretty reasonable assumption to make about a Scottish drink.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
Excellent story-telling, almost as entertaining to read as it was actually being there.

alternate.eago, ajcz, you guys rock, thanks for having us all over, hopefully we can do it again some time. It was great getting to meet iForge and everybody else. Plus the chinese and the car parts and the laughs (my face literally started hurting from laughing so much), just an awesome day.

I like how in nearly every picture I'm in I have a gun in my hand, haha

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Slow is Fast posted:

Ahahaha gently caress yeah!

Drink a yeungling for me!

Can confirm that that vise is a god damned monster, and that name is just perfect for such a beast.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
I'll be there for sure. :D

And yeah, the vise snap had me rollin'

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
Best party I've been to in years and it still isn't over yet!

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
Glad to see the Black&Tans were a big hit! :) I was kinda disappointed with that Devil's Backbone sampler, was hoping for some of their other brews.

It was great to meet all you guys, never expected to meet so many Volvo people there. Whoever brought the HamSammies, they were amazing.

Also, huge thanks to Adiabatic for hosting and being an all around great guy.

Terrible Robot fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Jan 11, 2015

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Adiabatic posted:

:aaaaa:

I've just been reading up on pinning the liners and jesus loving christ why in the world do you have to drill holes in your block to make your car not explode loving land rovers gently caress

one of us one of us one of us

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
Oh drat, nice find man! Once the conversion is complete you'll have to bring it out here, I'm sure there's a ton of fire trails in Nelson to bomb around on.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
Let me tell you about the PCV on the Volvo 850...:kheldragar:

Please note the replacement intake manifold gasket.

Terrible Robot fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Feb 4, 2015

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
I promise next time I have to subject you to my Forester that I'll be sure to bring you two cases of brew.

they will probably be necessary :v:

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
Had a great time at the party, thanks again for having me out and giving me a place to sleep off the drink :D

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Slow is Fast posted:

The twin turbos suck. Most people convert them to single.

The best part? They physically don't fit in a LHD car. The 2nd turbo hits the steering shaft.

TT swaps are a good mineshaft cannary for stupid subaru owners. You can see a subaru bro tard coming from a mile away when they say "i want to do a TT swap"

But more turbos is more better, bruh. That's like, twice as many boosts. Gosh, don't you know anything? :v:

What time is TT-Tard showing up this weekend? I was going to do the Forester (lol you can never escape Subarus) suspension overhaul tomorrow but my schedule is flexible.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Adiabatic posted:

haha yeah that ain't happening for a while. Come on out tomorrow but don't show up before noon. I need my beauty sleep.

lol that is not going to be a problem, I loathe waking up before 10 on Saturdays.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
I had a bunch of stupid poo poo pop up at the last minute today, now it's quarter after 4 and I still haven't left for Richmond. I tried calling you but didn't get an answer and your voicemail is full, mr. popular :v: Are you busy tomorrow? By the time I made it out there today it would be nearly 6pm. Also my phone deleted your address so I can't GPS my way there...

Hate to keep canceling on you like this, I feel like one of those stupid subaru clowns.

Terrible Robot fucked around with this message at 21:23 on May 2, 2015

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
Sorry for checking on this so late man, but is it still cool for me to come over this weekend to do the Fozzy suspension? I know it's mother's day weekend, wasn't sure if you had plans or anything for that.

I will of course provide you with gifts of beer.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
hahahahahaha that's fantastic, 5. If your yard makes you a redneck than mine would probably make me a full blown cousin fucker to them...cars and parts everywhere.

Adiabatic posted:

Just saw this... Next weekend?

I've got to work all next weekend because it's graduation at the college, sooo I guess weekend after next? :haw: This is starting to get comical.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Adiabatic posted:

Weekend after next is EDC. Weekend after weekend after next?

lol that should be fine, I'll have to double check though, it might be the weekend one of my buddies has his annual party/camp-out/hippy fest out in Nelson (for those not from VA, Nelson is a rural county filled with rednecks and hippies that somehow manage to co-exist peacefully). You're welcome to come out for that if you want, it's usually a good excuse to get drunk and watch hippies do hippy things while listening to live music.

Terrible Robot fucked around with this message at 18:08 on May 10, 2015

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
:lol: You're awesome, this thread is awesome.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Man walks down the street wearin' a hat like that, people know he's not afraid of anything.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
You got TFR in my AI :love:

I miss the Box Threads in TFR, I really should spend more time there, I used to be more active over there but it's hard to stay enthusiastic about the sport when you can't afford to shoot for several years.

That Henry looks drat purdy, can't wait to see it in person.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
My best friend used to have a 18" barrel Handi-rifle in .45-70. Now that this was fun :haw: You could drat near set the target on fire if you were close enough to it, it gave the M44 Mosin a run for its money on the muzzle-blast front.

I actually feel that .45-70 is a very soft shooting round for what it is, I never had any soreness after shooting it. Of course, I've put over 50 rounds through the previously mentioned M44 in short order and never had issues with soreness there either.

Maybe y'all need to get stronger shoulders :clint:

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Seat Safety Switch posted:

I'm proud to know you loving maniacs.

:parrot:

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
It's been about 6 years since I watched the 4th Tremors but I thought it was decent enough. :shrug:

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

:rock:

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Adiabatic posted:

The wife has a friend over to do brakes on his car.

I got all excited for the five seconds it took for him to tell me it was a Forester.

:newlol:

You cannot escape

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
Would have been way easier to just haul the shed off with all the poo poo still inside it :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

I've got a cache of about 5-6 gallons of old gasoline not far from there.
There's also matches, food, a knife, and so on...

You should just take the garbage wood and nail it to the shed.

I'm down for burnination.

Also I noticed yesterday that the shed has a LEED approved green-roof, you should apply for a tax credit :v: