Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
Why loving bother just put in anything V8 Chevy or Ford from the junkyard. gently caress that stupid design.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
I'm going to see if I can resume Subie ownership next year. I miss mine terribly. Slow economy cars don't work for me :(

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
I just 5'd the poo poo out of the thread. Awesome.

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
Never shot .45-70. I do have a Mosin. Is it a similar kick to 7.62x54?

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
What kind of BMW do you have?

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
Adiabatic after I get back from my honeymoon in November can I come visit and work on my BMW? I need to change out most of the suspension bits.

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
Adiabatic is loving awesome and Badger is a great doge.

The 330Aiyaiyai drives like a new car.

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
Got way too much going on this weekend otherwise a road trip would be in order.

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat

PaintVagrant posted:

Gorester lies dormant, awaiting new sacrifices

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Gorester RicVA wgah'nagl fhtagn!

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
You've become some kind of EJ wizard.

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat

SCA Enthusiast posted:

The machine has presence. It instills fear in those around it.

Or maniacal laughing.

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
Hey can you keep any eye out for another one or a 205? Dave has a dead WRX that needs a new short block :(

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
Get a 205 and go.

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat

Motronic posted:

I used to think that until I got a set of bearing buddies and left a grease gun in the truck (and used it every time I pulled out of the water).

Correct. Just pump in fresh grease every time.

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat

sharkytm posted:

Unless it's below freezing, then drive for a few miles to warm up the grease, or you'll blow the seals out the back of the hubs and spend the next 8 hours trailering on 3 wheels from Albany, NY to Wareham, MA.

Or so I've heard.

Oh. I don't know anything about sub-freezing wheel bearings given that all of the marine stuff I've done has been in a tropical climate :v:

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat

Adiabatic posted:

im not using it for rallycross, there's a heavy police presence here stopping me from doing anything fun, no snow... it's not in the right place and needs to get wrecked into trees like it was built to do

also im selling all my cars in preparation for something else

Even the MR2?

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
I would buy the Gorester from you but I'm pretty sure it would cost me my marriage :( Being an adult sucks sometimes.

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
Buying any German car is a bit insane since when it breaks it costs a loving fortune compared to say, a Lexus or Infiniti.

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
Badger looks rather uncertain of the Benz. I think that's because it's too new and he can still smell the adhesives.

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
The gorester is fun.

And stupid. But it's titled in NC now, I've just got to get it past inspection before I put the big 4" downpipe on it. :v:

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
Buy my 14 Mazda 3 hatch! :v:

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
Have experienced the Merc in person twice now it is super nice but I am laughing at the prospect of that thing without a warranty.

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat

Adiabatic posted:

Whoa good looks.

We can talk about how the Mrs.' Jeep just died, or the front brakes on the MR2, or the rolling dumpster fire that is the AMG.

Truth be told I'm studying for the PE exam and I'm working a shitload and I'm back into the swing of gradschool so my cars just sit there.

ONE DAY I'LL HAVE TIME FOR YOU BABY I PROMISE

We miss you <3

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat

Adiabatic posted:

I am probably headed for a lexus SUV when the warranty runs off this bitch.

On a scale of one to despondent, broken suburban soccer dad...

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
Mrs. Adiabatic is a cool dude and I hope stuff keeps rolling his way.

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
Good times. I'm sleep deprived as gently caress, why'd you drop the engine again?

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
You should put in a NA 3SGE BEAMS instead :colbert:

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
Part of the appeal is that the MR2 doesn't get Adiabatic into trouble. Both of those options are gonna be gorgeous temptresses of trouble. The BEAMS would be quick without being awesomely insane.

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
drat dude how much rain did you guys get? That's insane.

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
Weld it?

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
Those wings are am-aaaazing.

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
Montecristo is a drat fine cigar.

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
I see the possibilities as:
Some bizzaro wiring fault was causing that entire bank to not fire.
The 2-8 bank wasn't receiving adequate fuel pressure due to an issue with the line or the rails.
O2 sensor lying to the ECU.
ECU flipping it's poo poo with and going into single bank limp mode. I don't know enough about Toyota ECUs to elaborate.

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat

Terrible Robot posted:

:agreed:

But also: 5SGE with ITBs

5SGE with ITBs

5SGE with ITBs

:getin:

I wanna hear it sing.

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
Yes: http://www.galleykitchen.info

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
Galaxy Diner is legit too. Top and I will need to try some other stuff when we are in town next time.

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
My experience with a Honda dealer was pretty similar to yours when I went to check out the Civic Si. I wasn't comfortable with the lower roofline of a Civic with a sunroof so I nixed it from my Spicy Small Car search.

Wife and I rolled up with pre-approved financing from our credit union and 3k down for our FoST. This was the middle of last year and it was for a 2017, so you know the dealer was desperate to get the thing off the lot.

The'll jerk you around a lot less if you come with financing and some cash ready to go.

Wrar fucked around with this message at 05:02 on Feb 14, 2019

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
Why not just have a go with a braided wire wheel and strip that badboy down.

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
It looks fantastic in person.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
You're electrically adept, LS ECUs are wide open, just make a project that speaks Porsche CAN to lie to the body modules. You can packet log CAN. The adapters aren't massively expensive. Fabbing exhaust poo poo is no biggy.