Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Astonishing Wang
Nov 3, 2004

InitialDave posted:

and taking your time because you keep going back in the house for another beer.

WTF if you don't have a beer fridge in the garage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astonishing Wang
Nov 3, 2004
That dude must've bought a lot of Hoosiers! This thread is awesome so far, I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with the place.

Astonishing Wang
Nov 3, 2004
Somebody come build something like this in San Diego and be cool enough to let me bring beer to use your lift.

Astonishing Wang
Nov 3, 2004
Why not just install the new parts and see what happens?

Astonishing Wang
Nov 3, 2004
Maaaaaaaaan I hope you got more than 12 dales for a transmission job!

Astonishing Wang
Nov 3, 2004

Adiabatic posted:

You underestimate the deliciousness of Dale's Pale Ale.

I know I've had at least a couple dozen of those in the past, and I have a number in mind that would get me to do a transmission swap for beer. It's 500 beers.

Astonishing Wang
Nov 3, 2004
Well you're clearly a good dude. I wish you'd built that thing here in San Diego :) I'd be the guy offering a 6-pack for a motor swap.

Astonishing Wang
Nov 3, 2004
Every beer has it's place. Nobody ever wants a big heavy stout when they're sweating under a car on a concrete floor, that's what miller lite is for. Sometimes you want a full three day weekends-worth of beer but you don't want to pay over $60 for craft beer. 60 coors lights comes in at about $40, and you also don't need water any more.
:smug:

Astonishing Wang
Nov 3, 2004
Always help a stripper

Astonishing Wang
Nov 3, 2004
Here are the fees that I would levy on anyone that wasn't a bestie:

Small Project in which you do all the work and use my stuff (2 hours)
- 12 pack of swill or 6 pack of good beer
Small Project that requires my help (2 hours)
- 12 pack of good beer

Medium Project in which you do all the work and use my stuff (4 hours)
- 12 pack of good beer
Medium Project that requires my help (4 hours)
- 24 pack of good beer

Big Project in which you do all the work and use my stuff (8 hours)
- 24 pack of good beer and you buy lunch
Big Project that requires my help (8 hours)
- 24 pack of good beer and you buy lunch and I get to drive your car first

With this pricing scheme you will only be paid in lovely beer for jobs that you didn't have to help with.

A buddy of mine just opened a shop in San Diego specializing in Jeeps. He's let me come over any time and use their stuff, it's been awesome. It's really bailed me out a few times already, so I try to make sure they know that I appreciate it. I usually bring lunch with me, and I've already bought and donated a few tools that I needed to the shop since they're just starting up.

Astonishing Wang fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Mar 31, 2015

Astonishing Wang
Nov 3, 2004
Hey OP - what's the coolest car you've ever worked on?

Astonishing Wang
Nov 3, 2004
And who the heck orders a clutch on ebay? Guy needs to go back to school.

Astonishing Wang
Nov 3, 2004
I'm your boysenberry.

Astonishing Wang
Nov 3, 2004
An e-stop is just a big awesome red button that kills the power, right?

I want some of those all over the place! I could put one on the hairdryer in case I'm trying to watch a docudrama and my girlfriend is making a racket drying her hair. Keep it down, I'm watching this thing about orangutans! Did you know they're the largest tree-dwelling mammal? I didn't know that, weird.

Astonishing Wang
Nov 3, 2004
I'm reading this as Hunter S. Thompson, right?

The Johnny Depp version.

Astonishing Wang
Nov 3, 2004

Hey I went ahead and made room for my bike. Some of your stuff is still out back though...

Curious question for a home owner: If someone takes all of your old wood and stuff and piles it in the yard like that, do you get a little mad that they might have broken something in the process? Even though most of it is junk?

Astonishing Wang fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Aug 17, 2015

Astonishing Wang
Nov 3, 2004
I've found myself getting a little ticked off before when my girlfriend moves a pile of my stuff. Never to the point of even mentioning it, but if my pile of junk is in a new spot I get a little weird I guess.

Nice cabinets.

Astonishing Wang
Nov 3, 2004
This thread is great and you are great - it's awesome of you do do this work for a buddy while he's deployed. MrsAdiabatic thank you for your service! In the military and the cabinet making I guess.

Astonishing Wang
Nov 3, 2004
I hope you're using dealer pricing on those brake parts! GLHF

Astonishing Wang
Nov 3, 2004
"Hard to find in this condition"

Astonishing Wang
Nov 3, 2004
That's how I got my valve spring compressor! Never even used it, but hey! I've got it!

Astonishing Wang
Nov 3, 2004
That dude is probably so pissed he dropped that. What a haul, man!

Astonishing Wang
Nov 3, 2004
Buy the welder OP

Astonishing Wang
Nov 3, 2004
I changed my mind - you need a plasma cutter first

Astonishing Wang
Nov 3, 2004
I feel like you'll want the steering stabilizer on the top side of the tie rod, is that an option?

Astonishing Wang
Nov 3, 2004

Adiabatic posted:

Not likely. Lots of bumping around and plenty of full lock situations (I've been driving it a bunch because haha what are you gonna do from the desert :smug: ) and I've never once heard any rubbing or interference. Weird, but super good weird.

Now disconnect the sway bar :skeltal:

Astonishing Wang
Nov 3, 2004
Wow the PO really screwed you on this one :woof:

Astonishing Wang
Nov 3, 2004
You are an inspiration!

Astonishing Wang
Nov 3, 2004
To be feared is all there is

Astonishing Wang
Nov 3, 2004
Super buff.

Hahaha I just saw the plate on the bike

Astonishing Wang fucked around with this message at 17:40 on Sep 22, 2016

Astonishing Wang
Nov 3, 2004
You're gonna have a lot of chalky thigh-fronts until you learn not to lean in to the bench 😃

Astonishing Wang
Nov 3, 2004

Seat Safety Switch posted:

You guys should get those brightly coloured alphabet letter magnets that they give to third-graders to put on the fridge.

e: holy gently caress that's a good idea

Upgrade the magnets though - that 3rd grade stuff is bullshit!! You can't even slam a drawer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astonishing Wang
Nov 3, 2004
Team