Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Adiabatic posted:

Dealership says that all 4 cams, all 32 lifters, and 1 of the 4 cam solenoids were replaced at 20,000 miles on this vehicle :cripes:

How the hell is that even possible to be required???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

When you have a lovely non working cr, follow my example and buy six more of them then sit in a corner wondering what the hell happened

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

I know you said no turbos but this might still be of interest

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0435Z3hOWFQ

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Adiabatic posted:

I'm going to tell you a secret. I am so loving boring with my attitude towards cars now. I'm selling the AMG because it brings me next to no joy. I would rather have the experience of rebuilding the old 130hp 5sfe and make it ol' reliable, than put anything more powerful in it.

I could be content driving the MR2 and the Comanche.

I suppose this is a form of Automotive Insanity, to love working on cars but have your taste be early 90s underpowered unique shitboxes.

Just to clarify, I only posted that because there's some good info on MR2's that is still applicible to NA

And honestly, underpowered shitboxes are the best AI. Despite with the array of turbocharged weaponry that I have running and available I prefer to drive and throw around a boxy wagon with a sad underpowered engine from 20 years ago. I have boxes filled with parts to make that awful toaster a hell of a lot more faster and.... I really cant be bothered. The old lovely Forester is honestly too much fun as it is

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

LS swaps are just so loving booooooooooooooring. Get the 911 and do something unique

(Bet you thought I was gonna say stick a Barra into it, didnt you?)

(Stick a 20B turbo into the Porsche. THAT'LL piss off a few purists)

In all seriousness tho, NSX all day on this one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Whoah this a hell of a necro