Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FuzzKill
Apr 1, 2005

Snuff the punk.
Is my garage going to fail?! I'm not a big beer drinker :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FuzzKill
Apr 1, 2005

Snuff the punk.
Anytime the struts/mounts are serviced you generally will require an alignment. That being said, a 1/2" of toe is pretty ridiculous. Can you find your alignment sheet from Firestone?

FuzzKill
Apr 1, 2005

Snuff the punk.

cursedshitbox posted:

No, not really.

So, is this Mercedes suspended from the ceiling? What is going on here?

FuzzKill
Apr 1, 2005

Snuff the punk.
On the used piston front, there are much worse things you could do.

My sister broke the timing belt on her 4 cyl Optima. Figured get a junkyard head and head set and be good to go.

When I pulled the head, two valves had been decapitated and smashed a hole through the top of the piston and had become embedded.

Went back to the junkyard, pulled a piston from the same car I got the head from.

Installed the head with no machine work, used piston rings that were on the piston. No smoke, no noise, no leaks, sold the car 2 years later ...