Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug
Dale's Pale Ale is just about my favorite beer in the whole wide world, and I'm green with envy with you Yanks who can just drop down to the local BevMore for a sixpack. If you can even get it here, it's well over USD 10 per can.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug

Nidhg00670000 posted:

The gently caress? Aren't you in Denmark, aka Where All Swedes Go To Buy Cheap Beer? I can walk five minutes to my nearest Systembolaget and get Dales for 2 euros per can.

Dafuq? For real? Yeah, I'm in Denmark. Land of really cheap crappy beer and sometimes quite expensive imported good beer.

gently caress me, my family has a cabin in Sweden. Time to call in some favors.

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug
I will have you all know that due to the bad influence of this very thread, I now have a dozen Oskar Blues Dale's Pale Ales on order from a friendly colleague who lives in Sweden.

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug
Just wanted to let this thread know that I've travelled to glorious Sweden and a sixpack of Dale's Pale Ale is now sitting in my fridge.

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug
Oh God yes. I borrow my friend's shop with lift on occasion, and I always make sure to clean/tidy up after myself, get take away, and sometimes I'll buy him some tools that I know he's missing or bring him some other useful stuff that I have left over. Simply make it easy for them, treat others' stuff and time with respect and you'll get it back tenfold.

Christ, the gall to block your lift for a day, on a weekend, without even informing you first.

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug
drat that looks nice. I've often, while working with poo poo particleboard kitchens or closets, fantasized about building the whole loving thing out of nice-rear end 3/4" birch plywood. Well done wifey.

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug
Good ATE discs also come coated with this galvanized zink* that works the same way. It's worn off on the first application, but leaves the rest of the rotor rust free:

*) I'm clearly not in materials science.

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug
Because that's what I had. Think I have a few more letters too. I've also cut a few of them up to make poor man's foam inserts for the tool box.

I think these days I use a nice thick 2" foam thing from some packaging at work.

I'd rather not sit my precious little derrière down on the ground in my parking garage, it's cold and nasty.

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug
2. Strike out completed tasks.

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug
Or a bigass ziptie.

I've seen "professional" shops do that too. In the pics they sent to my mate, explaining why his ex-gf's Corsa needed it's annual USD3k "service".

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug
I just use sharpie on masking tape. Rip tape off drawer when text no longer matches contents.

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug
I hope said goon will post lots because The Gorester is very, very entertaining (to everyone but the owner.)

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug

Adiabatic posted:

LI05.20-P-050105

I have a 3rd party warranty and have already called them and taken it to the dealer, so I'm out the $500 deductible instead of ~$12,000, which is nice.

I'm loving that there are German titled mp3 files detailing the noises.

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug
For someone who's smoked like a quarter of a cigar in his life, and will probably keep it that way, what's the price of a good cigar?

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug
I've never bought a car a) new, b) from a dealership or b) with anything but cash but holy gently caress these tales do not make me look forward to the day.

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug
gently caress crimping cable unless you need the length to be exact or there’s no other way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug

Adiabatic posted:

DUDE. I just went through this. So I brought it back to the guy and said "Hey man you put my tire on backwards" and he very calmly explained that front tires on motorcycles apparently go this way. The carrot on the sidewall confirmed it. Rear tire goes on "normal" direction.

I believe the argument is that the direction of forces is opposite, seeing as the front wheel only does braking.

Also, it's very good to have you back!