Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Saranya

spread some butter on the left over pizza crusts from the night before and you're good to go

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senior Management

is bread just raw toast or is toast just overcooked bread?

les fleurs du mall

by LadyAmbien

Vynar posted:

is bread just raw toast or is toast just overcooked bread?

toast is a sin so the question is irrelevant

also yeast is a sin

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

BrownianMotion posted:

if yuo are very quick you can just steal an egg from the ostrich and just eat that egg for breakfast

google THIS

Entropic posted:

If you haven't seen real bacon in over a year it's actually possible to convince yourself turkey bacon is just as good. Has to be at least a year though.

what if i told you...it takes no time at all to convince yourself that real bacon is just as good as real bacon?

this is an advanced breakfast hack, mind you, not for the faint or diseased of heart

Entropic

patriarchy sucks

Jett posted:

what if i told you...it takes no time at all to convince yourself that real bacon is just as good as real bacon?

this is an advanced breakfast hack, mind you, not for the faint or diseased of heart

Sure, if you want to play on easy mode.

poverty goat

you know what tastes like bacon? real bacon

google THIS

turkey scientists have actually created some reasonable facsimiles of other meats, but bacon? nah. eat a turkey sausage instead, that at least has a success rate greater than 0

alnilam

real breakfast hacK: make a protein shake out of milk + whey powder, then put tha on cereal instead of melk

proceed to eat using goodbye turtles' page 1 spoon hack

alnilam

:coffeepal:always roast your coffe beans in the evening because they need at least 8 hours in a sealed container after roasting before you brew them :coffeepal:

Entropic

patriarchy sucks
I didn't say it was good, I just laid out the circumstances in which it's possible to lie to yourself

mailorder bees

FLUFFERNUTTER

GoodbyeTurtles posted:

ULTRAHACK: pour the cereal into your mouth then pour in the milk to save on washing up

alnilam

pet pigs are increasingly popular these days; just like a plant in your garden, you can take bite's of bacon out of your pig and they will grow it back
:mrapig:

smoobles

mods please sticky

smoobles

alnilam posted:

:coffeepal:always roast your coffe beans in the evening because they need at least 8 hours in a sealed container after roasting before you brew them :coffeepal:

serious question, how stupid is this invention: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/jimguldi/worlds-first-roast-grind-brew-coffee-machine

alnilam

:coffeepal: pretty dumb i think, you really are supposed to let the beans sit in a jar for at least overnight

:coffeepal: the extra quality from a very fresh roast is awesome but is goign to be pretty constant for at least a week (at least not distinguishably different), so there's nothing better about "roasting just enough for each cup" than about "roasting enough for the coming week," so this machine gains you nothing but single-push-button convenience, and loses you the 8-24 hour sitting time you're supposed to give

:coffeepal: that being said if people are intimidated by roasting separately for some reason (it's really not that hard you juts need a roaster), it could be okay i guess, to bring fresh-roasted coffee to the lazy masses. i've never actually tried to brew beans minutes after i roasted them because i thought you weren't supposed to so maybe it's not so bad? but stlil not ideal

:coffeepal: all in all popular consensus is it's best to let the beans sit, and you don't gain anything by roasting cup-by-cup instead of week-by-week, so i think this machine is gimmicky and not designed around true coffe principles

playground tough
thsi thread is way better than nitecrew

breakfastcrew

alnilam

alnilam posted:

:coffeepal: pretty dumb i think, you really are supposed to let the beans sit in a jar for at least overnight

:coffeepal: the extra quality from a very fresh roast is awesome but is goign to be pretty constant for at least a week (at least not distinguishably different), so there's nothing better about "roasting just enough for each cup" than about "roasting enough for the coming week," so this machine gains you nothing but single-push-button convenience, and loses you the 8-24 hour sitting time you're supposed to give

:coffeepal: that being said if people are intimidated by roasting separately for some reason (it's really not that hard you juts need a roaster), it could be okay i guess, to bring fresh-roasted coffee to the lazy masses. i've never actually tried to brew beans minutes after i roasted them because i thought you weren't supposed to so maybe it's not so bad? but stlil not ideal

:coffeepal: all in all popular consensus is it's best to let the beans sit, and you don't gain anything by roasting cup-by-cup instead of week-by-week, so i think this machine is gimmicky and not designed around true coffe principles

what might be better is an all-in-one machine like this except you press the button the night before and it lets the beans dwell overnight, then auto-brews at a set time in the morning or something... maybe people wouldn't like it because it's not on-demand / requires forethougth?

i'd still think it's dumb and i'd rather have a separate roaster, but it'd be better than this imo

breakfast hack: start a breakfast kickstarter... haven't really fleshed this one out yet looking to workshop it

Entropic

patriarchy sucks
I'm convinced that coffee snobbery is all just placebo bullshit a million times worse than wine bullshit. It's just coffee jesus christ.

Entropic

patriarchy sucks

alnilam posted:

breakfast hack: start a breakfast kickstarter... haven't really fleshed this one out yet looking to workshop it

I want to buy an Egg McMuffin for breakfast

backer
$0.50 pledged of $3.39 goal
15 minutes left

STRETCH GOALS:

$5
I will get a small coffee too

mailorder bees

FLUFFERNUTTER
i will drink any coffee put in front of me, lest i risk death

alnilam

dumb descriptions like "melodic fruity notes with a strong, yet light, body and a nutty finish" are bullshit and yes they ar esnobbish and high-falutin

but there are different subtle flavors to coffee and freshly roasted coffee tastes different than older coffee, bean A tastes different from bean B, dark vs light roast, etc, that i would not call snobbery

what IS snobbery is when people say "ew i wouldn't be caught dead drinking folgers" because

Entropic posted:

it's just coffee jesus christ.

in other words i enjoy poo poo coffee i just also really enjoy nice coffee, i mean i go into diners all the time and drink the poo poo they brew and enjoy it, i juts also really like to enjoy really good coffee :coffeepal:
in a similar way i enjoy mid-tier wine but i will never turn down a nice glass of carlo rossi mmm mm

my other comment on "snobbery" is, like wine, mid-tier stuff is better than bad stuff, but past that you get diminishing returns and it's dumb to spend $100 on a bottle of wine or $40 on a bag of coffee, THAT is snobbery

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

black coffee and some toast. problem loving solved, you nancies.

Saranya

alnilam posted:

what might be better is an all-in-one machine like this except you press the button the night before and it lets the beans dwell overnight, then auto-brews at a set time in the morning or something... maybe people wouldn't like it because it's not on-demand / requires forethougth?

i'd still think it's dumb and i'd rather have a separate roaster, but it'd be better than this imo

I roasted coffee for awhile using this roaster http://www.behmor.com/behmor-1600.php and it was really easy to use. It would probably give a more even roast than the all-in-one machine and you have more freedom with the controls and settings. Clean up isn't too bad, you just have to sweep some chaff out and run the clean cycle every 5 batches or so.

SIDS Vicious

bacon

Entropic

patriarchy sucks
bacoff

City of Glompton

mailorder bees! posted:

i will drink any coffee put in front of me, lest i risk death

same

poverty goat

before you push the plunger down on the coffee press just pick up the press and gently tap it down on the counter 3-5 times. This will make most of the solids sink to the bottom on their own, so you'll end up with less sludge at the bottom of your cup (since you arent forcing it through the screen with the plunger)

bird.

if you're in a hurry you can just bring a candle and use that to toast your bread in the car

or if you ride the bus just do the same thing but be very sneaky about it

A Time To Chill

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN posted:

alnilam

Entropic posted:

I want to buy an Egg McMuffin for breakfast

backer
$0.50 pledged of $3.39 goal
15 minutes left

STRETCH GOALS:

$5
I will get a small coffee too

*doughnates*

mailorder bees

FLUFFERNUTTER
i usually just have coffee

Entropic

patriarchy sucks

It starts off all pure like that but then you're like "what if I could dip my toast in the coffee" and the next thing you know you've invented biscotti.

les fleurs du mall

by LadyAmbien
Cup of drink with caffeine content and cheap cigarette

snack on dirt if u get too hungry before dinner

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A LOVELY LAD

Hey man, wanna hear a secret?

• Locked thread