Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001

McFunkerson posted:

I'm in the same boat. I wish I had the newer lightning adapter for charging purposes, but that's not worth paying to upgrade. The 3 does everything I need it to, the only other thing that would push me to update is fear that being as many generations behind as I am means ios 9 won't install on it next year and the resell value will tank more because of that.

I'm in the opposite boat. I have an iPad 3, and ever since iOS 8 i've been feeling some definitely slowness. Everything in the OS feels jittery and sluggish, and god help me if I try to load a thread or website with a ton of images on it.

If the new Air has 2GB of RAM, I'm in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001

Star War Sex Parrot posted:

iPhone release video. Ugh.

I find these things very creepy and unsettling.

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
I just hope 8.1 is released today. If they want to turn on ApplePay on Saturday or Monday, they should make sure everyone has 8.1 before then.

I mean, "everyone"

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
Also strange to me: The amount of hyping up a device that isn't even out for at least 3 months.

EDIT: I guess it's only strange in terms of being Apple doing it. I wouldn't/don't think it's strange when new game consoles are hyped for a year before release.

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
Ha, there's your spin, SWSP

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
:siren: GIF WITH HARD-G :siren:

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001

Star War Sex Parrot posted:

I thought the same thing.

drat it, Craig.

I was highlighting it because it was correct. :colbert:

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
omg lol craig so funny

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
i was hoping this keynote would have a ton more jokes, that is why i watch these things

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
Aaaaaaaaand now we have a Hitler namedrop in an Apple Keynote.

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001

oversteps posted:

What in the actual gently caress is going on here

iComedy isn't working, but it should be fixed with iComedy 8.1

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
Seems silly to launch 8.1 on the same day ApplePay launches. Lots of opportunity for problems.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
Ugh, that 16GB in the new iMac really burns my rear end. I didn't care about it in the phone, because I had already been planning on buying the middle level phone when I presumed it would be 32GB, so I saw it as getting double the storage for free.

But with the iPad, I was planning to buy the lowest level, so only getting 16GB feels like I'm getting ripped off.

EDIT: And no orientation lock switch :argh:

• Locked thread