Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AlwaysWetID34
Mar 8, 2003
*shrug*
I read somewhere that the connectivity problems had something to do with the constant refresh of their live blog triggering constant recaching of their website every second for every user who was looking at their desktop/mobile page. I'm probably explaining that wrong but that was the gist of the article I read. Hopefully they've learned from that mistake.

So far I don't see a live blog going, just a placeholder for the video player.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlwaysWetID34
Mar 8, 2003
*shrug*

Whirlwind Jones posted:

I'm still rocking an iPad 3 (The New iPad), and I have absolutely no desire to upgrade.

I'm in the same boat. I wish I had the newer lightning adapter for charging purposes, but that's not worth paying to upgrade. The 3 does everything I need it to, the only other thing that would push me to update is fear that being as many generations behind as I am means ios 9 won't install on it next year and the resell value will tank more because of that.

AlwaysWetID34
Mar 8, 2003
*shrug*

ephori posted:

There's no MacBook Airs in those product images.

No Mac Pro either

/me hugs his Mac Pro

AlwaysWetID34
Mar 8, 2003
*shrug*
Someone tell me this is a 2 hour presentation. The last couple of keynotes jumped into the exciting stuff pretty quickly and spoiled me. Now we're wasting the first 30 minutes on recapping and sales info :(

AlwaysWetID34
Mar 8, 2003
*shrug*
drat HBO and CBS for announcing streaming services before this event and getting my hopes up for an AppleTV update for nothing! Couldn't they have waited until tomorrow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlwaysWetID34
Mar 8, 2003
*shrug*

fordan posted:

HBO Go is already in the existing Apple TV?

Yeah, but HBO and CBS both announced al a carte streaming subscriptions in the last 24 hours. Currently you have to be a HBO subscriber for HBO go.

• Locked thread