Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kobayashi
Aug 13, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo
I wonder if TouchID + iOS 8.1 might bring Apple's version of user accounts? The groundwork already seems to be there with Apple IDs, TouchID, and the family sharing stuff that landed in iOS8. Regardless, I'm hoping for a polished, smooth presentation tomorrow. Apple's been uncharacteristically sloppy lately. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kobayashi
Aug 13, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo
SPIN SPIN SPIN

Kobayashi
Aug 13, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo
I like self-depricating Apple more than creepy shrine to capitalism Apple.

Kobayashi
Aug 13, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo
I hate the way Tim Cook says CUSTOMER SAT.

Kobayashi
Aug 13, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo
I wish Apple had cut some of this filler to keep this presentation to an hour.

Kobayashi
Aug 13, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo
Wait, the iPad landscape keyboard doesn't have the extra keys that the 6+ has?

Kobayashi
Aug 13, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo
Ugh they're doubling down on the stupid "rip off the low end" 16 Gb / 64 Gb split. :rolleyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kobayashi
Aug 13, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo
From what I can tell, the only difference between the iPad Mini 2 and the iPad Mini 3 is Touch ID. Otherwise the specs are identical, down to the dimensions. Unless I'm missing something, this is another cash grab -- $100 for Touch ID.

E: http://www.apple.com/ipad/compare/

• Locked thread