Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Damn, this is good coffee.

smackfu posted:

It feels like the iPad is just getting old iPhone tech. Except the cpu.

This has pretty much always been the case though. iPads are intentionally kept one step behind iPhones because it's in Apple's interest to keep their flagship product at the very forefront.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Damn, this is good coffee.

hypersleep posted:

I can't belive Apple is still selling iOS devices with A5 and 512MB RAM. iOS 8 pretty much runs like rear end on them, and I doubt 8.1 will do much to change that.

Definitely upgrading my iPad 4 to the Air 2. The 4 runs okay but the Air 2 looks pretty future proof with 2GB RAM.

If Apple hadn't gotten rid of it, the iPad 2 would probably continue to be their best seller. People are cheap. Can't fault Apple for taking advantage of that imo.

• Locked thread