Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

delfin posted:

I just want one thing: an iPod Touch 6th generation. Just strip the phone functionality out of the iPhone 5c and call it a day.

But I am a fool to dream.
Yeah, I really want that, too, iPod Touch buddy. 2 years with no update is feeling rough.
I'd hope for at least 5s-level parity, though, not just 5.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

SourKraut posted:

Sometimes I think they obsess a little too much on thinness. Then again I don't pick up my 4th gen iPad and think it's now some bloated monstrosity so what do I know.
Not for nothing, but going from the iPad 2-4 heft/thickness to the first Air is like night and day. Being able to hold it in one hand without getting tired is a big plus.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

ShoogaSlim posted:

My brain will melt the first time I see someone use Apple Pay on their iPad to pay for a Snickers at 7-11.
You mean try, right? It doesn't have NFC.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

It's definitely annoying not knowing if it's 2GB of RAM or not.
I know they never mention RAM at all, but it kinda factors into whether I want to upgrade or not.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

I missed it, are all the features put into the iPad Air 2 aside from the screen size included in the iPad Air mini 3?

I think they kinda skipped over what the mini 3 gets.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

mAlfunkti0n posted:

So does the new Mini get the A8X?
Apparently just the A8 like the iPhone 6.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Bottom Liner posted:

So the ONLY difference in the new mini vs mini 2 is touchID. That's seriously it? So I can pay $400 for touch id and 16gb, or $349 for no touch id and 32gb? Haha that's stupid as gently caress.
Hmm... if anything, that makes the $349 iPad mini 2 a pretty good deal now. You'd probably have a good chance of getting a refurbished one for even cheaper, too.

EDIT: Yup, $299:
http://store.apple.com/us/product/FE277/refurbished-ipad-mini-2-wi-fi-32gb-space-gray

• Locked thread