Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Faerunner
Dec 31, 2007
I'm suddenly feeling both trepidation and pride that our 1920's kit house isn't having as many issues as yours is (and that we're missing them all because I have been avoiding doing things like staring too long at the mortar joints, lest I notice more things that cost too much to fix).

You're doing a good thing, man. Even if you sell the house tomorrow and move across the country you've just made it easier for the next poor sap to properly fix the house.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Faerunner
Dec 31, 2007
Good luck re-grading any of that until it dries out... good luck with it drying out.

You're doing great work though, man. What a job. I hope you get the value of your work back on this house when you move!

Faerunner
Dec 31, 2007
God drat, man.

At that point I would probably have given up and moved on to something more interesting and fruitful, like watching paint dry. You are a home-improvement HERO.

Faerunner
Dec 31, 2007
I suppose you could call that a win... the water's not spread all over your lawn any more!

It's spring; mud happens. If that drain keeps the worst of it away from the foundation I think you're doing well.

Faerunner
Dec 31, 2007
That's kind of terrifying. Don't get into any tiffs with meth heads, ok?

Also, nice progress being made! Thanks for the pictures.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Faerunner
Dec 31, 2007
I know how you feel. Every day I have off is a day it rains. I can't get the gardening done no matter how hard I try, and that window that needs replacing? Ha ha ha.

God, I hate weather. I can't wait until we all live in domes.*

*I don't actually mean this but nature does seem to find all kinds of ways to gently caress up a workday.

• Locked thread