Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mister Dog
Dec 27, 2005

Laminator posted:

Not much new to report, I've been in and out of town for residency interviews.

You're supposed to buy the house after the match, dummy. Seriously, though, are you applying to a tight geographical area, or are you going to abandon the dream of home ownership on June 30?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Dog
Dec 27, 2005

Laminator posted:

Not sure yet. I'm couples matching and we've applied all over the county, so it depends on how that all works out. Probably the most prohibitive area for real estate we've applied to is San Francisco, but that's not looking promising so far.

I think I'll see how I feel in March after I find out where we match, and how frustrated I get with this house.

Good luck, man. The match is a stupid, stupid way to get a job. But, what can you but play the game. Anyway, I digress. Enjoy the house. I would have loved to have a house to gently caress around with in medical school. That framing looks scary as hell, but it sounds like you have the energy to tear that place apart.

Mister Dog
Dec 27, 2005

I'm in emergency medicine. I haven't posted in those forums since I was applying to medical school 7 years ago.

Mister Dog
Dec 27, 2005

Laminator posted:

well go ahead and just add me to the crappy construction tales right now

that's like 4 cubic yards of water just chilling in my "drainage system," not sure if I should go ahead with setting gravel, drain, and drywell or just backfill it with dirt and forget about it. If this is what is gonna happen when it rains...

Seems like it's doing what it's supposed to do. I guess ideally, you would have an overflow drain into a storm system or something like that, but that usually means permits and money and gently caress that.

Mister Dog
Dec 27, 2005

Weather map looks like you're getting crushed right now. Stay safe, Laminator dude.

• Locked thread