Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

Chill la Chill posted:

never. it's not a big deal. I've dated girls for as long as 2 years and never had sex. it's not hard.

:captainpop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Matoi Ryuko

Dotcom Jillionaire posted:

hahaha it's actually true

:negative:

Chill la Chill

Don't lose your gay

it's called self control or lack of interest. it's not vital to a healthy relationship imo. I mean you live with your bros and friends for years on end without having sex with them and get along fine - it's p much the same way

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

Chill la Chill posted:

never. it's not a big deal. I've dated girls for as long as 2 years and never had sex. it's not hard.

quoting this again because wow

Chill la Chill

Don't lose your gay

like I've had sex with friends and not had sex with friends and it's the same for either relationship. neither is weirder than the other. I see dating in the same way :)

hth gross dude

Captain No-mates

im going to date gross dude if he gets stood up again

Chill la Chill

Don't lose your gay

please get your old av back first. it'll look really weird otherwise when you live blog it.

Captain No-mates

stop following me

pig slut lisa

irl is good

Chill la Chill posted:

it's not hard.

Gross Dude

Gross Dude
gently caress, she's in an open relationship. Dates never seem to go well, and this one hasn't even happened yet.

thewizardofshoe

nah that's cool if you're looking for something casual, she's pretty much just trolling for dick 80% probability of success!

if you're not gross, dude

Gross Dude

Gross Dude

thewizardofshoe posted:

nah that's cool if you're looking for something casual, she's pretty much just trolling for dick 80% probability of success!

if you're not gross, dude

I actually am not all that interested in sex. I just want a girl who i love and who loves me who will go to Perkins with me.

alnilam

You can still have love with someone in an open relationship depending on her approach to it and yours

Gross Dude

Gross Dude

alnilam posted:

You can still have love with someone in an open relationship depending on her approach to it and yours

Yeah, but, will they go to Perkins with me?

City of Glompton

maybe you should start at the source. find a perkins customer and ask her out yeah?

Gross Dude

Gross Dude
I don't know how I feel regarding this date and open relationships,I kinda got the short end of the stick the last time someone sprung the whole open ended relationship thing on me. She and I had been seeing each other for two months and I was head over heels, she was not.She started seeing someone else, and it hurt, so I told her that I was in love with her and she told me she wasn't in love with me. So,I said that we had to end it, but then she got sad and told me I was treating her like a dead end, it really hurt and it made me feel guilty. This basically kept happening once a month for a year until I was so exhausted emotionally that I was able to walk away for good.

I guess I see open relationships as a way to have sex with your friends, but I'm not interested in that, I want someone who's really interested in just me.

verily carefree

go in with an open mind is the best advice i can give

alnilam

Sounds like that last open girl wasn't very emotionally responsible/honest (or maybe she was and you weren't receptive?), but open relationships can involve love too
read the book (or at least the first chapter of) the ethical slut, even if you have no desire to ever be in an open relationship it's a very eye opening and inspiring work on different attitudes about love and relationships and sexuality, and about being responsible and honest with feelings

I'm not trying to convince you to want to be in one or anything it's fine if that's not what you want

herf derf yadon

Perry Mason Jar

"Della? Take a lid"
i have a date with Destiny for PS4

ulvir

Gross Dude posted:

I don't know how I feel regarding this date and open relationships,I kinda got the short end of the stick the last time someone sprung the whole open ended relationship thing on me. She and I had been seeing each other for two months and I was head over heels, she was not.She started seeing someone else, and it hurt, so I told her that I was in love with her and she told me she wasn't in love with me. So,I said that we had to end it, but then she got sad and told me I was treating her like a dead end, it really hurt and it made me feel guilty. This basically kept happening once a month for a year until I was so exhausted emotionally that I was able to walk away for good.

she sounds emotionally manipulative and abusive.

alnilam

ulvir posted:

she sounds emotionally manipulative and abusive.

this was my take too, we're only getting gross dudes side so it could be otherwise but im 90% sure she was just not a good person to relationship with, open or not

Gross Dude

Gross Dude
I'm still like super in love with her, and I've thought about it a lot.She wasn't being malicious at all, and I should have been big enough to walk away, but when you're in love you do dumb things.

LappyDore64

by XyloJW
the obvious solution is to bottle up all your feelings real tight and never express them to anybody until they undergo cold fusion and you completely loving snap, exploding into a ball of incandescent feelings that obliterates everything in a 10 mile radius.

ulvir

LappyDore64 posted:

the obvious solution is to bottle up all your feelings real tight and never express them to anybody until they undergo cold fusion and you completely loving snap, exploding into a ball of incandescent feelings that obliterates everything in a 10 mile radius.

I can attest to this. it has worked well for a number of BYOB posters

ulvir

in some cases you won't even snap. you'll just keep swirling down a spiral of self-loathing and feelings of utter worthlessness.

... or so I've heard

Gross Dude

Gross Dude
I'm going to say this is the best first date I've ever had. Usually I'm lukewarm after a first date if not just straight out opposed to going out again. I want to see this girl again, and she wants to see me again. Hooray :peanut:

i am he

Gross Dude posted:

I'm going to say this is the best first date I've ever had. Usually I'm lukewarm after a first date if not just straight out opposed to going out again. I want to see this girl again, and she wants to see me again. Hooray :peanut:

congrats dude

Senior Management

i am he posted:

congrats dude

LappyDore64

by XyloJW
heart warmed, voted 5.

Gross Dude

Gross Dude
We are scheduling a second date. :3

Senior Management

Gross Dude posted:

We are scheduling a second date. :3

Remember, nothing impresses a woman more that a fierce warrior battle cry

FluffieDuckie

voting 5 for gross dude finally successfully completing a first date. good going dude :thumbsup:

alnilam

mods please change title to "I have a second date" thread

Gross Dude

Gross Dude
I think the weirdest first date I ever had was when I took these two roommates out for brunch, because they wanted a guy in their relationship. They gave me a jigglypuff necklace that they made.

alnilam

the weirdest first date i ever went on was when me and my live-in gf went out with this guy, we were looking to bring a guy into our relationship

we stayed up all night the night before making him a jigglypuff necklace, and he didn't really seem to like it that much??

Gross Dude

Gross Dude
Wow, looks like you dodged a bullet, he seems like an rear end.

alnilam

gross dude tell us more about your date

where did you go / what did you do?

what are some of her hobbies or something about her?

is she perdy :allears:

doesshe know about your byob post history

kiss???

Chill la Chill

Don't lose your gay

gross dude I recommend not going on dates so you don't get stood up again. just hang out a bunch of times if you like their company and do things you do with your normal friends like play mini golf and go karts (we go monthly) and kiss then somewhere along the line you guys just figure out you were dating all along. that's what I do, v effective IMO and never leads to awkwardness

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

just do what i do and take your date to the playground with the son you made together

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chill la Chill

Don't lose your gay

oops I meant together not dating. I have never officially dated someone but I use the term cuz people associate exclusiveness with that word and all

• Locked thread