Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Best Friends posted:

Huh, every place that proponents say rent control works actually has very high average rents. Weird.

Could it be that suburban fuckholes and flyover country don't have high rents?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

icantfindaname posted:

AHA, we have the real answer. Rent control is necessary because we can't condemn people to living in Flyover Country, AKA outside the NYC or SF city limits

People don't want to condemn themselves to living there, they want to live in cities. They move there to get jobs.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

lurker1981 posted:

It's not exactly hard to find places with cheap rent. For example, if you wanted to live someplace with cheap housing, you could move to Detroit, where a house can literally be purchased for less than $1,000.

Of course, would you really want to live in a city where the local economy has apparently collapsed, and crime might be rampant?

Similarly, one could almost understand "white flight" in some places, like Ferguson, where the inhabitants seem to riot when the laws are enforced. Even though the Boondocks (tv show) attempts to explain this kind of behavior and make it seem funny, it probably isn't all that desirable for folks that don't want to have to deal with that kind of drama.

VVVVV - Does the evidence support your statement? Besides, generally speaking, if you don't want to get shot by a white police officer, you shouldn't physically attack him and try to steal his gun. In many parts of the USA, that is considered common sense. The "victim" was also shown robbing a store before the incident.

Oh, a live one.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

lurker1981 posted:

So they were upset that the law was not enforced, so they rioted and looted stores. I'm white and if my daughter assaulted a cop, and tried to steal his gun, I would not be happy, but I would not be surprised if she was shot and killed as a result.

I'm not even going to continue debating the Ferguson thing anymore, because I just don't understand the logic.

Every time we try to enforce the law by gunning down a black who'd grown too fierce and unemployable, the other blacks riot. (riot=singing in public gatherings) It's no wonder they have so much trouble paying rent. Sillies!

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
600 years?

• Locked thread