Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gnrk
Apr 1, 2008

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

im under the impression that you can download vagcom, get an obdII->usb cable on ebay, and program vw / audi keys urself

!!!

post more plz...

vagSnipe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Branch Nvidian
Nov 29, 2012

Vagcom

OBD II to USB

install software on a notebook running windows, plug it into the port below the steering wheel on your VW, Inc. car, you should be able to get the info in there to recode keys on your own

Replacment key fob

you can also use vagcom to do a number of neat changes to your car depending on what make/model you have

Branch Nvidian fucked around with this message at 09:39 on Oct 17, 2014

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

thats one mean stare

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9L-v31FEqoM&t=37s

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

if you bought a VW, lol

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

I know every trick, no freak's gonna beat my hands

College Slice

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Variable_H posted:

Vagcom

OBD II to USB

install software on a notebook running windows, plug it into the port below the steering wheel on your VW, Inc. car, you should be able to get the info in there to recode keys on your own

Replacment key fob

you can also use vagcom to do a number of neat changes to your car depending on what make/model you have
this is fine for my 03 A6, but my dads got a new a4 on lease, will this gently caress over his agreement / warranty

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

echinopsis posted:

Virginity is a sexist concept

nah it's actually pretty great for identifying and shaming loser nerds

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!
what's the best word for the opposite of a virgin?

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

gnrk posted:

why isn't there an open source car?

carduino

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

A Wheezy Steampunk posted:

human being

Apr 7, 2003

this is fine for my 03 A6, but my dads got a new a4 on lease, will this gently caress over his agreement / warranty

Ahahaaha your dad rents his car

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

Citizen Tayne posted:

the turbocharger helps you keep up with the joneses

Apr 7, 2003

Hello, Hertz? I'd like to rent something to cover my bald-spot and my flagging virility for thirty-six months.

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

sexhaver

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

cumdumpster

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

your mom

lol

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Citizen Tayne posted:

sounds like uve never owned a high mileage audi before, ive had 2 and am still pissed at myself for not leasing

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

sounds like uve never owned a high mileage audi before, ive had 2 and am still pissed at myself for not leasing

self ownage itt

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

King of Breakfast
leasing owns if you look at it purely as a utility to write off as a utility and have the money to not care about it

its not for u if you consider it renting / worry about when its over / are in a lease because it was cheaper than buying per month and youre really tight on cash / etc

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

the point of leasing is to not have to own an audi after 100k miles, at which point it becomes a hole in the road you throw money into

Apr 7, 2003

Your dad has a rental car.

Apr 7, 2003

the point of leasing is to not have to own an audi after 100k miles, at which point it becomes a hole in the road you throw money into

Sounds like you can't afford an Audi.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
lol @ renting an audi

Apr 7, 2003

The point of renting a car for a long period of time is to drive a car you can't afford, so I can definitely see what you're saying.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
except that when you lease you're also responsible for all maintenance

so how does this get you out of doing that at the end of your term

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
i thought leases included maintenance

Apr 7, 2003

Just signed the lease and paid my security deposit for my apartment, my car, and my television from Aaron's. I'm living the American Dream.

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

King of Breakfast

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

uhhh any lease ive seen came with all maintenance and poo poo inclusive.

that must be a helluva poor person lease. what is it, a lease on a used car even? lol

Apr 7, 2003

I wish I had rented this car I can't afford.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Sniep posted:

uhhh any lease ive seen came with all maintenance and poo poo inclusive.

that must be a helluva poor person lease. what is it, a lease on a used car even? lol

idk poo poo about leasing because that's for dumdums

tho i figured that's how they hosed you so it looks like i'm the dumdum

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

Cold on a Cob posted:

you can get the keys cloned for cheap now at canadian tire, fyi

hello i cant open my aboot

Branch Nvidian
Nov 29, 2012

if you don't gently caress with anything other than coding new keys you should be fine. if you start switching other features around and turn on European market-only stuff then that's completely up in the air.

I euro-spec'd my 09 gti and never had any warranty issues

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

c-, canadians say trunk not boot and "aboot" is a poor approximation of the sound anyway

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

americans pull their lips wide when they say the "out" part, making it sound more like "aaowt". to say it the canadian way just pronounce the word as you normally do but keep your lips rounded for everything after the b.

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

Sagebrush posted:

keep your lips rounded for everything after the b.

THAT'S WHAT SHE SAID!

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!

Sagebrush posted:

americans pull their lips wide when they say the "out" part, making it sound more like "aaowt". to say it the canadian way just pronounce the word as you normally do but keep your lips rounded for everything after the b.

a boat

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

they dont generally have big-ticket issues until the 100k mark in my experience (b5 a4, 2x c5 a6) which is right around when the lease is generally up

i guess thats 3 audis ive driven into the ground at this point actually

i wouldnt keep doing this to myself if they werent the best looking cars and didnt drive like butter

gently caress all of the tech crap in newer cars, why would you ever get built-in nav, give me a stereo with an aux jack (also 3 pedals) and a place to mount a timbphone. almost all new cars look like overdesigned poo poo to my eyes. an exception would be the 08 9-3 i used to own but the interior was poo poo and it drove like poo poo so

early 00s german cars ftw, man look correct in those

look at this poo poo holy gently caress

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Oct 18, 2014

Apr 7, 2003

they dont generally have big-ticket issues until the 100k mark in my experience (b5 a4, 2x c5 a6) which is right around when the lease is generally up

i wouldnt keep doing this to myself if they werent the best looking cars and didnt drive like butter

gently caress all of the tech crap in newer cars, why would you ever get built-in nav, give me a stereo with an aux jack (also 3 pedals) and a place to mount a timbphone. almost all new cars look like overdesigned poo poo to my eyes. an exception would be the 08 9-3 i used to own but the interior was poo poo and it drove like poo poo so

If only you could afford one.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

nice vw sedan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Branch Nvidian
Nov 29, 2012

this is a good post. german cars are the best looking ones by far.

• Locked thread