Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Branch Nvidian
Nov 29, 2012

Vagcom

OBD II to USB

install software on a notebook running windows, plug it into the port below the steering wheel on your VW, Inc. car, you should be able to get the info in there to recode keys on your own

Replacment key fob

you can also use vagcom to do a number of neat changes to your car depending on what make/model you have

Branch Nvidian fucked around with this message at 09:39 on Oct 17, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Branch Nvidian
Nov 29, 2012

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

this is fine for my 03 A6, but my dads got a new a4 on lease, will this gently caress over his agreement / warranty

if you don't gently caress with anything other than coding new keys you should be fine. if you start switching other features around and turn on European market-only stuff then that's completely up in the air.

I euro-spec'd my 09 gti and never had any warranty issues

Branch Nvidian
Nov 29, 2012

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

they dont generally have big-ticket issues until the 100k mark in my experience (b5 a4, 2x c5 a6) which is right around when the lease is generally up

i guess thats 3 audis ive driven into the ground at this point actually

i wouldnt keep doing this to myself if they werent the best looking cars and didnt drive like butter

gently caress all of the tech crap in newer cars, why would you ever get built-in nav, give me a stereo with an aux jack (also 3 pedals) and a place to mount a timbphone. almost all new cars look like overdesigned poo poo to my eyes. an exception would be the 08 9-3 i used to own but the interior was poo poo and it drove like poo poo so

early 00s german cars ftw, man look correct in those

look at this poo poo holy gently caress

this is a good post. german cars are the best looking ones by far.

Branch Nvidian
Nov 29, 2012

Sagebrush posted:

not while poo poo like this exists my friend

NSX is cool, 911 GT3 is cooler though

Branch Nvidian
Nov 29, 2012

Cold on a Cob posted:

german cars look great but i'd rather just drive a korean one into the ground over the next decade instead of taking a german car into the shop every other month

it really is a pain in the rear end dealing with the constant services. my car just hit 80000 miles so I have to pay like $400 to have the transmission fluid flushed and refilled

Branch Nvidian
Nov 29, 2012

fits my needs posted:

lease an audi drive off in a hyundai (rental car because your audi is in the shop)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Branch Nvidian
Nov 29, 2012

Sagebrush posted:

boats sure but guns, really? doesn't a gun cost like 200 dollars? why would you lease a gun? (i own no guns)
my gun nut buddy spends over a grand on guns fairly often

quote:

unless you mean like leasing a minigun or a rocket launcher or something, in which case, please tell me where i can do this
same

• Locked thread