Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
just buy a new car in the same make and model, op

it will come with a key that will work for both

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

A Wheezy Steampunk posted:

what's the best word for the opposite of a virgin?

cumdumpster

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
except that when you lease you're also responsible for all maintenance

so how does this get you out of doing that at the end of your term

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Sniep posted:

uhhh any lease ive seen came with all maintenance and poo poo inclusive.

that must be a helluva poor person lease. what is it, a lease on a used car even? lol

idk poo poo about leasing because that's for dumdums

tho i figured that's how they hosed you so it looks like i'm the dumdum

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Citizen Tayne posted:

He got a free sample and ate it and then he ordered more. He also supported Star Citizen. lmao

lmao fatty jerky

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Sniep posted:

leasing is a good idea if youre household is 6fig and the first fig is a "2" or higher, and you can discretionary budget for "Car" as a thing that you have in your life, often a few, that are not things you want to own, work on or care for but simple tools that you utilize and recycle like a jetski at a lake. I mean, you could buy jetskis and a tow rig to carry them and be out all that cash, but for all the extra work and upkeep and cash to rig out for it, they are no more fun on the water than the ones you rent and use for teh day and return. except it's a car. when you're done with it you take it back and if you still need it you get another one.

this is the real use case for leasing, as opposed to tori's very, very well elaborated upon focus, poors seeing a lower monthly payment than buying, and going that route because "less money for more car = better"

where proly 99% of people who lease out of poordom to get a nice new ride they cannot afford end up with either huge bills and/or credit scars at the end of the lease because over-mileage, dings/dents, lovely contract they agreed to, etc etc etc

this is exactly how i feel about boats and guns

motherfuck buying and maintaining either of those goddamn things when i can rent them whenever i want

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Sagebrush posted:

boats sure but guns, really? doesn't a gun cost like 200 dollars? why would you lease a gun? (i own no guns)

unless you mean like leasing a minigun or a rocket launcher or something, in which case, please tell me where i can do this

maybe a little .22 marksmanship pistol you could get used for $200

but if i wanna go cut loose with a big MP5 i'm just gonna walk in and drop $12 on renting one for as long as i'm at the range instead of spending 3+ grand for that poo poo, plus maintenance which you'll hafta bring back in all the time anyway unless you have a gunsmithy in your garage

granted that's an extreme example but guns are still crazy expensive and dangerous to keep around to boot

• Locked thread