Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cruft

Seems like a number of yobbers ride a bicycle to get places. Let's see 'em. Here's mine.

It's the one with the pie on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoodbyeTurtles

:suezo:

this is me, riding my bi k e

emmie

zoom emmie bike zoom

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

cruft

emmie posted:

zoom emmie bike zoom

ooh you even have a pants guard, and a bell! I like your bell!

mailorder bees

FLUFFERNUTTER
BIKE FRIDAY

cruft

GoodbyeTurtles posted:

this is me, riding my bi k e

You fell down.

cruft

You can fold it up and stuff it into a suitcase!

mailorder bees

FLUFFERNUTTER

cruft posted:

You can fold it up and stuff it into a suitcase!

that's pretty sweet, actually

emmie

cruft posted:

ooh you even have a pants guard, and a bell! I like your bell!

pants guard ??

i ringed the bell 5 mins ago and yelled nerd at someone lmao im the trillest

GoodbyeTurtles

:suezo:

cruft posted:

You fell down.

haha yeah i did, this is how your meant 2 bike

alnilam

can't see the bike very well but here's my ol 1979 schwinn world traveller mostly custom built by me

all loaded up for camping weee

my bell looks like a soccer ball and the striker is a shoe :h:

emmie

alnilam posted:

can't see the bike very well but here's my ol 1979 schwinn world traveller mostly custom built by me

lmao using a helmet

alnilam

emmie posted:

lmao using a helmet

haha i commute every day on it on city streets in traffic but don't worry i took the helmet off the moment i got to the actual trail

alnilam

bonus post here's my other cycle :madmax:

cruft

emmie posted:

pants guard ??

i ringed the bell 5 mins ago and yelled nerd at someone lmao im the trillest

Yeah to keep your pants from getting eaten by the chain.

Bells are great. Is it a "ding-ding" bell or a "brring-brring" bell?

cruft

alnilam posted:

my bell looks like a soccer ball and the striker is a shoe :h:

WOW

that is my kind of bike

emmie

cruft posted:

Yeah to keep your pants from getting eaten by the chain.

Bells are great. Is it a "ding-ding" bell or a "brring-brring" bell?

which part is that??

cruft

alnilam posted:

haha i commute every day on it on city streets in traffic but don't worry i took the helmet off the moment i got to the actual trail

I wish I didn't need a helmet but I've seen the statistics and until we get Dutch-style cycling infrastructure I'm going to keep it on. Even though I fuckin' hate it.

Been thinking about dropping some serious bank on a Hövding but I can't convince any of my European friends to buy one and ship it to me, they all think helmets are evil or something.

emmie

emmie posted:

which part is that??

oh the ring around the gear i see it i figured that was to protect the gear

Awesome!

Ready for adventure!

cruft posted:

It's the one with the pie on it.

cruft

emmie posted:

which part is that??

On the front where the cranks are, outside of the chainrings (the rings with the teeth). It's black on your bike, a great big ring that has a bigger diameter than the chain on the rings.

emmie

i need to pump my back tire and also make sure the chain is clean aaaaaaaa but im lazy. cruft fly over and do it for me pls

posting smiling

emmie posted:

have a little self esteem, emmie.

cruft

emmie posted:

i need to pump my back tire and also make sure the chain is clean aaaaaaaa but im lazy. cruft fly over and do it for me pls

I need a front *and* rear derailer adjustment, both my tires are low, and I'm a little worried that I didn't seat the bead right on the front tire and that soon the tube will poke out and explode like bubble gum.

Riding the bike is fun. Fixing it is lame.

cruft

emmie posted:

It's actually commonly called a "bash guard" and it's ostensibly to protect the gear from rocks and stuff but LOL most people don't ever take their bikes onto that sort of situation and it does a fantastic job keeping your pants out of the drivetrain.

I just put one on my bike last month actually. It's not in the photo tho.

alnilam

cruft posted:

I wish I didn't need a helmet but I've seen the statistics and until we get Dutch-style cycling infrastructure I'm going to keep it on. Even though I fuckin' hate it.

Been thinking about dropping some serious bank on a Hövding but I can't convince any of my European friends to buy one and ship it to me, they all think helmets are evil or something.

idgi it's really not a big deal especially for a 25 minute commute, and when it's cooler out it's actually nice it creates an insulating air bubble

maybe my head is just really used to it idk, but i don't mind wearing my helmet one bit

cruft

alnilam posted:

idgi it's really not a big deal especially for a 25 minute commute, and when it's cooler out it's actually nice it creates an insulating air bubble

maybe my head is just really used to it idk, but i don't mind wearing my helmet one bit

My hearing is going and the straps are damned noisy. I've tried everything I could think of to quiet them down, the only thing that works is taking the helmet off. I ride around town with my family a lot and I hate not being able to hear what they're saying.

Also it means I can't wear my flat cap, which everybody likes on me. And it screws up my hair.

Aside from the hearing thing it's not a big deal, but it is the last thing left preventing me from just hopping onto the bicycle and zooming off like emmie does.

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

bicycles are for squares. real men drive fast cars, such as the 1998 toyota corolla

Awesome!

Ready for adventure!

cruft posted:

My hearing is going and the straps are damned noisy.

this is something old man bopepper would say

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

Awesome! posted:

this is something old man bopepper would say

fun fact: Cruft is older than Bo-Pepper

cruft

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN posted:

bicycles are for squares. real men drive fast cars, such as the 1998 toyota corolla

I premuse you're joking but with a top speed of 100 miles per hour and curb weight just over a ton, a toyota corolla is just as capable of killing as any other car.

cuntman.net

i ride a unicycle

alnilam

cruft posted:

My hearing is going and the straps are damned noisy. I've tried everything I could think of to quiet them down, the only thing that works is taking the helmet off. I ride around town with my family a lot and I hate not being able to hear what they're saying.

I am v confused I've never heard my straps make any noise at all

Try on a diff helmet or adjust the Y-point on your straps?

Awesome!

Ready for adventure!

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN posted:

fun fact: Cruft is older than Bo-Pepper

jesus christ...

cruft

alnilam posted:

I am v confused I've never heard my straps make any noise at all

Try on a diff helmet or adjust the Y-point on your straps?

Tried all that. Still noisy. :shrug:

I even tried this product called "cat ears" or something.

cruft

Awesome! posted:

jesus christ...

not that old.

i am he

godspeed john glenn is older than both of them combined

cruft

i am he posted:

godspeed john glenn is older than both of them combined

See, I know I'm about a year older than GSJG, but I thought bo-peps had both of us beat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i am he

bo pepper is 24

• Locked thread