Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

The Wind Waker was the best 3D one, and Ocarina of Time is extremely overrated. The Oracle games are better than Link's Awakening. Twilight Princess is just complete rear end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

hyrule warriors becasue it has the lady with ncie titts

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
-_-

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

hyrule warriors becasue it has the lady with ncie titts

all the zeldas have nice tits, but hyrule warrios is definitely nice tits

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Ocarina of time has lackluster dungeons, poor use of it's items, a lot of boring annoying time wasting fetchquests and plotblocks, a huge waste of potential with the ocarina and it's music save for the three tracks everyone remembers, the least fleshed out world of the 3D series, select camera problems, unfortunately finnicky lock-on, a whole bunch of non-characters and story that is just slightly more interesting than the princesses from LttP, and has the worst boss of the 3D zelda games so far: Volvagia.

TP has some of the same problems but it has some great locales, bosses, item usage, dungeon design, story ideas, music tracks, and has the added benefit of using the perfected Z-targeting from Wind Waker.
It also has the best companion of the series bar none.

edit; Master Quest fixes the dungeons in OoT, to be fair. If you want to play OoT for the first time, definitely do Master Quest.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

majora's mask

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the answer is majora's mask, op

1upclock
Sep 25, 2009

Taken completely out of context
The best Zeldas were on the Game Boys and the 3DS.

On another note, my sister who is a huge fan of Zelda recently finished Skyward Sword, and called it the worst game she's ever played.

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

My favorite Zelda game is still Wind Waker.

A cool damn horse
Jan 25, 2009

Idk. I thought twilight princess was good enough... but wind waker has to be my favorite. The best 2d zelda is link between worlds though :devil:

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Endorph posted:

the answer is majora's mask, op

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

mabels big day posted:

The Wind Waker was the best 3D one, and Ocarina of Time is extremely overrated. The Oracle games are better than Link's Awakening. Twilight Princess is just complete rear end.

This but Majora's Mask ~ Wind Waker. WW is more straight fun but Mm crazy time mechanics are p sweet

Nintendo gotta get on that mm remake god drat

1upclock
Sep 25, 2009

My sister was also completely baffled that Hyrule Warriors has a complete lack of Groose but you can play as the bug girl from Twilight Princess.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

1upclock posted:

My sister was also completely baffled that Hyrule Warriors has a complete lack of Groose but you can play as the bug girl from Twilight Princess.

no Groose in Hyrule Warriors is extremely uncool, imo

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Lana is extremely hot

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Endorph posted:

majora's mask

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
if majora's mask is your favorite zelda, guess what? you don't actually like zelda games.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

if majora's mask is your favorite zelda, guess what? you don't actually like zelda games.

This. Its a neat game but its by no means a main entry in the series. Its hardly even canon.

1upclock
Sep 25, 2009

I was slightly surprised Hyrule Warriors had no representation for the one true best Zelda game.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

mabels big day posted:

Lana is extremely hot

she’s making sure that all spells in her book haven’t gotten lost, and of course, her magic was quite the sight to see. Turning each page, a bright light had pulsed in the words, allowing the glow to shine, and then subside when she closed her book.

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

I think Majora's Mask is cool, too, but I also think it is overrated.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
it's cool how there is a sliding scale of under/overrated zeldas, based on the current zelda release

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i have no problems with this

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Skyward Sword is the most fun Zelda but Link's Awakening is the best one.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Evil Eagle posted:

Skyward Sword is the most fun Zelda but Link's Awakening is the best one.

Finally.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
links awakening gb >> links awakening dx

the select glitch is too good to sacrifice for color

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

but what about the game boy printer support

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
hmmmm.... an important consideration

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.
Gonna have to chime in on majoras mask here its good

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider
Y'all favorite Zelda sucks

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

mabels big day posted:

Lana is extremely hot

i havent played hyrule warriors, but i like the weapon where she sings and dances and summons monsters the most. her lightning tome is pretty good too, but when it comes to tomes, she has nothing on robin, in my opinion

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

I discovered I have like $80 in Amazon gift cards lying around so I am going to buy Hyrule Warriors.

Dec 26, 2012

the ability to always send everything skyrocketing by swinging at them is a bit much to pass up

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

link to the past

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

OoT was the best to the point that people choose every other game in the series because they dont want to be in the OBVIOUSLY RIGHT majority opinion

that said i like the CD-i stuff mysel

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
majoras mask

links awakening

anything else and i will die thanks in advance

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

link's awakening is link to the past but worse

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009