Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
koolkal
Oct 21, 2008

this thread maybe doesnt have room for 2 green xbox one avs

Endorph posted:

the answer is majora's mask, op

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

all the zeldas are okay, except for 2 and oot

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Hyrule Warriors is cool because you can play as characters who are not Link and thus not lame as hell.

Abandon
Nov 23, 2006
oracle of ages

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Mega Man Legends is my favorite Zelda

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
Twilight Princess would probably be the best if it was half as long but it just drags on forever. Cool I finally got all the pieces of whatever and now I see a cutscene of Ganon being Dorf as all hell. Whoops now do even more dungeons.

Wind Waker is great but has the slowest start of any Zelda because of that awful stealth section.

I'm gonna go with Zelda II as the best.

Soral
May 30, 2009

Endorph posted:

majora's mask

Endorph posted:

Soral
May 30, 2009

1upclock posted:

My sister was also completely baffled that Hyrule Warriors has a complete lack of Groose but you can play as the bug girl from Twilight Princess.

yeah its extremely hosed up

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I'm not really sure, I'm a fan of Windwaker and the gameboy zeldas, but, Skyward Sword has the sexiest Impa.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Everything in Majora's mask was great except the dungeons were poo poo.
Everything in Wind Waker was great except the dumb boat. Once you got fast travel it was all good again.
Everything in Twilight Princess was meh except Midna.
I didn't get far in Skyward Sword, such a boring start.

Soral
May 30, 2009

Golden Goat posted:

Everything in Majora's mask was great except the dungeons were poo poo.
Everything in Wind Waker was great except the dumb boat. Once you got fast travel it was all good again.
Everything in Twilight Princess was meh except Midna.
I didn't get far in Skyward Sword, such a boring start.

heres the facts on skyward sword for you: its bad, except for groose

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Secondary Objective: Commit Fraud - Complete
I'm okay with anyone who's favorite zelda game is one of the following:
Link to the Past
Link's Awakening
Majora's Mask
Wind Waker

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

mabels big day posted:

The Oracle games are better than Link's Awakening.

:agreed:, my new best friend

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

Majoras mask and links awakening and hyrule warriors maybe

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

actually its phantom hourglass ppfffffffftttttt hahahaha

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
Mangina Mask

Tiger Millionaire
Jan 25, 2014

He'll eat your kids and fire your parents!
minish cap

mbe lttp or the oracles

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW
it's majora's mask. close thread

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

Endorph posted:

conceitedguy
Nov 8, 2013

Probably the first game is the best.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.

Evil Eagle posted:

Skyward Sword is the most fun Zelda but Link's Awakening is the best one.
Came here to post this. Awakening made me cry as a kid.

Nostalgia itt

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Kylra posted:

Awakening made me cry as a kid.

Same here, but probably for different reasons (because it was bad)

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
3D is Majora's Mask for sure

2D is Four Sword Adventure, its literally just a solid dose of zelda fanservice

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

Golden Goat posted:

I don't think you really appreciate what makes Wind Waker so great. Sailing was so chill. LOVE BOAT

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Endorph posted:

Nice condensed world full of things to do, goron rolling is much more fun than horseback riding, and it actually feels finished, unlike a lot of other Zeldas (including Wind Waker).

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

Great Joe posted:

Nice condensed world full of things to do, goron rolling is much more fun than horseback riding, and it actually feels finished, unlike a lot of other Zeldas (including Wind Waker).

and then you read about how they wanted it to be a 7 day cycle and think about how insane all the quests would have ended up and :aaaaa: :350: :aaaaa:

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

Ocarina of Time is the best videogame of all time therefore must be the best zelda game of all time

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Endorph posted:

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

mabels big day posted:

Ocarina of time has lackluster dungeons, poor use of it's items, a lot of boring annoying time wasting fetchquests and plotblocks, a huge waste of potential with the ocarina and it's music save for the three tracks everyone remembers, the least fleshed out world of the 3D series, select camera problems, unfortunately finnicky lock-on, a whole bunch of non-characters and story that is just slightly more interesting than the princesses from LttP, and has the worst boss of the 3D zelda games so far: Volvagia

mods??????

they are all good except skyward sword, which is not good. could not possibly pick a favorite since they all do very different things well

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

TP was almost great but the werewolf poo poo was too furry for me so instead it's just "ok"

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
Yeees! It's the Bucket Mouse! Thanks for calling! ...Well... CLICK!

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Arian_Samurai posted:

Yeees! It's the Bucket Mouse! Thanks for calling! ...Well... CLICK!

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I like Minish Cap's combat a lot, but the longer the series goes on, the more of the game is taken up by unskippable cutscenes, tutorials, and fetch quests.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

woofbro
Nov 25, 2013

It's gotta be Ocarina of Time.

Ocarina of Time got me back into gaming in my teens when I was well over it, up to that point I had played nothing other than collectathons, racing, party or FPS. I had no clue games could have so much story line written into the game and a plot I associated with and enjoyed. I spent a good six month period where every day at school I'd never shut the gently caress up about Zelda and this was during the mid 00's, I'm sure I drove someone insane but my friends were pretty good about it. Most of the puzzles took me days to figure out, I seem to recall finding it impossible to move the King Zora until I spoke to everyone and found that diving mini game. I felt accomplished when I beat the second Water temple and found that little room on a separate floor since everyone had so much trouble with it. I remember the final blow on Ganon. I just loving love the game and I feel good writing this.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

woofbro posted:

It's gotta be Ocarina of Time.

Ocarina of Time got me back into gaming in my teens when I was well over it, up to that point I had played nothing other than collectathons, racing, party or FPS. I had no clue games could have so much story line written into the game and a plot I associated with and enjoyed. I spent a good six month period where every day at school I'd never shut the gently caress up about Zelda, and I'm sure I drove someone insane but my friends were pretty good about it. Most of the puzzles took me days to figure out, I seem to recall finding it impossible to move the King Zora until I spoke to everyone and found that diving mini game. I felt accomplished when I beat the second Water temple and found that little room on a separate floor since everyone had so much trouble with it. I remember the final blow on Ganon. I just loving love the game and I feel good writing this.

This.

KaptainKrunk
Feb 6, 2006

the most like Dark Souls

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

A link to my rear end.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
link 2 where you do not play as zelda

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Endorph posted:

• Locked thread