Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
I did not like Wind Waker's dungeons very much, especially the later ones where you have to drag around some little fucktards the whole time.

That said it's still the second best Zelda (Majora's Mask is obv the best)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
has anyone said okami yet

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

the zelda with the nicest everything is from skyward sword also the worst game.

its a shame

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Pomp posted:

has anyone said okami yet

It's pretty cool but god the textgame goes sooooooo slooooow

Looper fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Oct 17, 2014

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
I beat the big huge tentacle monster in Okami and then the game just kept going like wtf

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

The wind has gotten damp-goro...
Tomorrow is rain-goro...
Goro-goro.

ROBO_ERECTUS
Sep 5, 2007

Let me take you for a ride.
Majora's Mask is the best, but I find it easier to go back and play Ocarina of Time when I'm feeling nostalgic, the game is a lot more focused, and there is less in your way between dungeons. For the 2D Zeldas, its a toss up between Link's Awakening DX and Oracle of Seasons. I really like alot of the dungeons and music in Seasons, had cool items like the magnetic gloves and Roc's Cape. I feel it is much better than Ages, and if Capcom had just focused on one Oracle game, we would have had the best 2D Zelda bar none.

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

The third oracle game coulda spliced both together

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

mabels big day posted:

TP has some of the same problems but it has some great locales, bosses, item usage, dungeon design, story ideas, music tracks, and has the added benefit of using the perfected Z-targeting from Wind Waker.
It also has the best companion of the series bar none.

Linebeck was in phantom hourglass, not twilight princess.

The best game is actually skyward sword being played on a modded wii with cheats to disable the stamina meter.

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT
pha i really enjoyed the soundtrack in phantom hoursglass. it nearly had one whole song

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

i have not played every zelda game, but i think that skyward sword has the best boss fights of any zelda game

thuly
Jun 19, 2005

Transcending history, and the world, a tale of MS Paint and animes, endlessly retold.
It's Zelda 2 the adventure of link and its sequel Rambo

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

sharrrk posted:

i have not played every zelda game, but i think that skyward sword has the best boss fights of any zelda game

I've only played the first two dungeons in Skyward Sword but the boss fights (some weirdo and a fire spider) were extremely boring. Do they get better?

Liquid Penguins
Feb 18, 2006

by Cowcaster
Grimey Drawer

Endorph posted:

the answer is majora's mask, op

Simoom
Nov 30, 2009
i seriously couldn't get enough Link Between Worlds, and it became my all time favourite game.

Thug Lessons
Dec 14, 2006

I lust in my heart for as many dead refugees as possible.
Link's Awakening was definitely better than Link to the Past.

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

Thug Lessons posted:

Link's Awakening was definitely better than Link to the Past.

I agree.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

They should remake Link to the Past with smoother controls.

Thug Lessons
Dec 14, 2006

I lust in my heart for as many dead refugees as possible.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dhzm7HJiMA

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Endorph posted:

the answer is majora's mask, op

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
probably for mostly hnostalgic reasons but ALTTP

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

indigi posted:

probably for mostly hnostalgic reasons but ALTTP
Link to the Past is really good - no long tutorial, few non-dungeon/combat quests, few unskippable cutscenes/dialogue, and when you pick up keys it doesn't tell you how keys work.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
In retrospect, the funniest thing about Gamespot giving Twilight Princess an 8.8 is that the score was about a full point too high.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
I loved the oracle games. They were more what Zelda games should be than most of the ones published by Nintendo. Weird random characters you mostly don't have to talk to ever, items that do completely crazy things, big dungeons absolutely full of puzzles, and stupid rear end in a top hat lizard people that steal your stuff, and unless you beat both games, the overall fate of the world never seems to be in question.

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man

FactsAreUseless posted:

They should remake Link to the Past with smoother controls.

Ocarina of Time is a 3D remake of A Link to the Past and they remade OoT with Twilight Princess and the 3DS release. They also re-released A Link to the Past on the GBA and made a sequel for the 3DS. Also Four Sword Adventures is pretty much a multiplayer version of A Link to the Past.

They should really remake Majora's Mask or Link's Awakening.

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Secondary Objective: Commit Fraud - Complete

Pomp posted:

In retrospect, the funniest thing about Gamespot giving Twilight Princess an 8.8 is that the score was about a full point too high.

That game was a solid 7 and even that might be being a bit charitable.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
The best 3D Zelda is Majora's Mask. OoT had bland dungeons but overall was still fun. Majora's Mask had more variety and you spent a lot more time out of dungeons doing cool poo poo.

The best 2D game was Zelda 2, cause it's actually a hard game that only true Zelda fans can beat. Not really but it's always been a favorite for me. Minish Cap was underrated.

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man
Wind Waker and Minish Cap would be much better if they had more dungeons. Wind Waker had multiple cut dungeons that should be brought back in some future Master Quest re-release. Minish Cap only had like 4 dungeons which is silly.

The_Frag_Man
Mar 26, 2005

What's so bad about Twilight Princess? I haven't played it yet but I was going to soon, playing Hyrule Warriors made me want to go back and play the ones I missed.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

The_Frag_Man posted:

What's so bad about Twilight Princess? I haven't played it yet but I was going to soon, playing Hyrule Warriors made me want to go back and play the ones I missed.

the wolf sections are a bit annoying and the overworld is pretty lifeless. it also has a very, very long tutorial and the plot has some major issues regarding the antagonists

i think it's a good game though. it has some great dungeons. the desert one is probably my favorite in the series. tp is certainly better than hyrule warriors, at the very least

Soral
May 30, 2009

Vargs posted:

the wolf sections are a bit annoying and the overworld is pretty lifeless. it also has a very, very long tutorial

i think it's a good game though. it has some great dungeons. the desert one is probably my favorite in the series. tp is certainly better than hyrule warriors, at the very least

what the gently caress

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Vargs posted:

the wolf sections are a bit annoying and the overworld is pretty lifeless. it also has a very, very long tutorial

i think it's a good game though. it has some great dungeons. the desert one is probably my favorite in the series.

TP gets more hate than it deserves, and the lifeless overworld I think actually worked really well for the game.

However,

quote:

tp is certainly better than hyrule warriors, at the very least

Get out.

Edit: vvvv You too. Do not besmirch the honor of the spinner.

Soral
May 30, 2009

hyrule warriors is loving epic, and tp is bland boring bullshit with bad items. also it looks like diarrhea doo doo dog poo poo

Soral
May 30, 2009

the desert and ice dungeons were cool though. as was midna

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Proposition Joe posted:

Wind Waker and Minish Cap would be much better if they had more dungeons. Wind Waker had multiple cut dungeons that should be brought back in some future Master Quest re-release. Minish Cap only had like 4 dungeons which is silly.

Y'know that ancientish cisterny dungeon in ss everyone loves?

Motherfuckin Wind Waker dungeon baby

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

I thought Links Awakening & Seasons were rad. Never finished Ages and when I tried to start over I had no desire to go through that entire forced trade-quest an hour in.

LTTP also great. Loving the re-release of Wind Waker.

folgore
Jun 30, 2006

nice tut

chumbler posted:

TP gets more hate than it deserves, and the lifeless overworld I think actually worked really well for the game.

However,

Get out.

Edit: vvvv You too. Do not besmirch the honor of the spinner.

Your avatar loving sucks. "Heres some retarded drawing of a half naked steroid slut, pls ignore the giant tits btw i dont want to seem misogynistic or like some weirdo that jerks off to cartoons"

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

folgore posted:

Your avatar loving sucks. "Heres some retarded drawing of a half naked steroid slut, pls ignore the giant tits btw i dont want to seem misogynistic or like some weirdo that jerks off to cartoons"

Wholy moly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thuly
Jun 19, 2005

Transcending history, and the world, a tale of MS Paint and animes, endlessly retold.

folgore posted:

Giant
Anime
Tits

It checks out

• Locked thread