Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

The bad animation really seems to be getting worse. And wasn't there at least some semblance of a plot at some point?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Seems to be plenty of plot here.

Yeah I'm behind, just catching up. This is getting absurd. I still think it's in a good way for now.

e: Oh hey, tentacles. Hmm...
ee: Man I just don't even know anymore. This show is going from ridiculous in a bad way to ridiculous in a great way and vice versa every ten seconds.

PerrineClostermann fucked around with this message at 07:13 on Nov 21, 2014

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.

Potsticker posted:

The bad animation really seems to be getting worse. And wasn't there at least some semblance of a plot at some point?
Pretty sure at least half the animators are dead at this point, based on the quality

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Aleksei Vasiliev posted:

Pretty sure at least half the animators are dead at this point, based on the quality

The animators are the Ultimaguil!?

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice
The animators had their Anime Attribute stolen in the midst of the episode. This anime is actually a true story.

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

The maid trying to follow them through the transporter was great :allears:
Tail on!

EDIT: Was that an obscure reference to the Mystletainn kick?

HiveCommander fucked around with this message at 11:14 on Nov 21, 2014

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

An idol and her producer fight an honorable battle to the death over whether she has to braid her hair or not.

That statement encapsulates everything this show is about :allears:

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
The QR code shown in this episode is a web address, specifically the official Twintail LN site.

I was really hoping it would be Dark Grasper's contact info.

(Not really, no.)

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Dark Grasper is a really fitting name for her, given her obsession over Twirl's tits.

Inverness
Feb 4, 2009

Fully configurable personal assistant.
It's Dark Glasper. Grasper is just your standard Engrish.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
The obvious answer is it's both.

The Monkey Man
Jun 10, 2012

HERD U WERE TALKIN SHIT

Mikl posted:

They actually featured the rock quarry and the abandoned warehouse locations :allears:

I've never watched any of the shows that this was referencing, but guessed that they were references because they're the kind of cheap places that some of those Japanese superhero shows would use.

Also, there's not nearly enough love for the alligator's siscon ringtone

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

The Monkey Man posted:

Also, there's not nearly enough love for the alligator's siscon ringtone

The best part of the show just might be whenever the Ultimaguils' otaku-ness gets highlighted. Like this and the laptop.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Mikl posted:

The QR code shown in this episode is a web address, specifically the official Twintail LN site.

I was really hoping it would be Dark Grasper's contact info.

(Not really, no.)

Looks like Tailred is going to get powered up with Dragguildy's twintail attribute at some point, judging by one of the covers.

Inverness
Feb 4, 2009

Fully configurable personal assistant.

chumbler posted:

Looks like Tailred is going to get powered up with Dragguildy's twintail attribute at some point, judging by one of the covers.
I assume you mean the volume 5 cover. Volume 7 features Phoenix Guildy.

The Monkey Man
Jun 10, 2012

HERD U WERE TALKIN SHIT
I didn't notice that Tailred has a twin ahoge until now.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

This show never fails to be incredibly dumb and entertaining.

Mitsuka having an over dramatic breakdown when he saw the president was great. Owlguildy is great. The mothers in this show make no sense and are great.

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

"I'm not dead, literature iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiis" :arghfist::(

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

HiveCommander posted:

"I'm not dead, literature iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiis" :arghfist::(

My stars, Owl Guildy is the personification of the Book Barn.

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.
Ultimaguil continues to be the best thing about this show.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

InspectorCarbonara posted:

Ultimaguil continues to be the best thing about this show.

This half of the episode was so good.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
So many derpy faces during the episode.

AmiYumi
Oct 10, 2005

I FORGOT TO HAIL KING TORG
I love how they much Owl-guy captured the "stuntman in an ill-fitting costume" thing. I swear there were frames you could see exposed skin, no matter how little sense that makes.

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

1st Segment: "No, light novels are REAL literature!"
2nd Segment: Harem plot advances.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > ADTRW > Light Novels are literature too! Ore Twintail ni Narimasu

:allears:

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

The mouthpiece saying LN are real literature also says that Twintails are his literature. Even though he wins the fight, I'm not sure that we the audience are meant to agree with his viewpoint.

Korthal
May 26, 2011

Rexides posted:

1st Segment: "No, light novels are REAL literature!"
2nd Segment: Harem plot advances.

Pretty much this. I really wish they would draw out the gilly fights, they're the best characters in the whole series.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

All the budget for this episode went into coming up with the joke for the resolution of the gattai scene

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Buy the Blurays.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

Literature is dead.

Pyronic
Oct 1, 2008

ROYAL RAINWHARRGARBL
haha the Braid Element made their weapons Gattai

Amazing.

So which one of you is gonna check that QR code?

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
All those screenshots make me realize I would watch an entire episode of a show, or maybe even an entire series, with super minimalist detail like that.

I dunno, I know it's "bad" but it has it's own appeal.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Craptacular! posted:

All those screenshots make me realize I would watch an entire episode of a show, or maybe even an entire series, with super minimalist detail like that.

You want to look out for episode four of Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, which is also another fine example of gattai too.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
There were at least a few cuts missing entirely, weren't there? It wasn't as bad as that episode of Wizard Barristers, but it was the second most obvious production disaster I've ever seen.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Craptacular! posted:

Masaki Endoh.

E:
Musashi Gundoh

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

The special weapon transformation, the robot changing forms-- actually pretty much every scene. Next week is just going to be text on storyboards if the budget cuts keep on going this way.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

Craptacular! posted:

Response Type #1: It takes a while and some amount of popularity before An Abridged Series can be made

Response Type #2: Good Tailred, you look kind of coolHEEERRP

Response Type #3: "it's own appeal" *referencing where character is drawn missing her pants*

edit: Full Disclosure, I didn't notice it when I made the post, my wife pointed it out afterwards

AnacondaHL fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Dec 5, 2014

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
Haha, I didn't see that.

Yeah, I obviously didn't mean I wanted an anime full of :downs: faces, just that the screens above have this heavily outlined, almost cel-shaded look with minimal facial details and a high contrast/washed out color palette that I think is sort of bright and cheerful but also obviously out of sorts with this show. The first two pictures get that across far better than the last two.

But I'm also one of those guys who thinks after an entire console generation of games that the original Valkyria Chronicles is one of the best looking games ever, so I'm probably a softy for that effect.

Craptacular! fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Dec 5, 2014

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
There's also the cut with Acena charging up and her wing and bow are tan and green instead of black.

Xelkelvos fucked around with this message at 17:27 on Dec 5, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

Xelkelvos posted:

There's also the cut with Acena charging up and her wing and bow are tan and green instead of black.

I honestly chalked that up to some sort of "charge-up" effect because the colors are just way too far from the regular palette to seem like a simple mistake. At least, to me.

• Locked thread