Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool

Cake Attack posted:

the passionate several minute argument about the characterization of one of the girls, and whether she was the right kind of cute, in their seemingly terrible anime was pretty great

this is a good anime

I also liked how there then was a random discussion about another character growing up to be a drunk. But the other girl doesn't drink, no no, but she will hang out.

Let's go nuts for donuts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
How many of the characters are based on real studio people? I assume the 5 high school girls are all made up for the show but I'm curious on who is real and who is just an anime creation.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons

Paracelsus posted:

There's a post back on the first page with a bunch of real people (although the Rie Tanaka part is probably a misattribution).

Oop. I somehow missed it being updated and all. Thanks!

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
I was behind 2 eps and after having watched today's I wish I had waited another week. I wanna see it get solved after that other animator guy decided to make things more difficult.

In the end though I have to agree: loving Tarou.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
I also liked that the method of getting him to animate the storyboards just involved cramming him in a makeshift prison cell. I am a little afraid to ask how true this is to the industry but it was pretty funny in anime form at least.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
I hope things get better for Ema next episode. I'm sure old man animator has some more sage advice that can help out. I trust in him :smith:

As a side note, what the hell lady. Don't eat someone else's donut.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons

Razzled posted:

How can you loving live off less than 10,000 dollars a year??? Are these animators typically living at home and off parents for a while or something? Even our interns get paid more than that and they're loving useless

Is it maybe an animator only working for one job a year and take a bunch of different jobs to kinda stack them up? Or is this the final average from doing more than one show a year :(?

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Why is it I find out today this show is only a 12 episode one? How comes all the shows I like only end up being 12 or 13? Explain it to me Shirobako! :(

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons

Guyver posted:

It's actually 24 episodes. Amazon Japan has eight volumes up. Volume eight lists having episodes 22-24 on it.

If you're going by ANN, don't. They stick 12 on any airing show that they don't have an official episode count for.

Oh thank goodness. Freaking ANN making me all "oh noooo" like that. Thanks for the info and sorry to jump the gun there!

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Personally, I'd be fine with checking out ROOT FOR SPEED.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
I think this is the first time I've watched a show where Christmas time things happen and it's not been the middle of July or something. I am looking forward to seeing Miyamori's attempts to get them key frames done :D Though also I hope that Yano's dad is ok :<

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Oh good I thought I spotted Mio and just assumed Nano was next to her.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
This episode made me feel so warm and happy to see them succeed and to see Sugie help save the day. I feel happy you guys~ Merry Christmas :3:

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
That meeting was both the best and the worst. I love anytime I get to hear Koyasu Takehito acting goofy. A good ep I think.

I think that Zukachan-senpai might get a part as one of the side characters. At least I am hoping so.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
That. Fucker.

Hahah I knew he was going to make things a problem :mad:

I liked the new animator girl though as an aside just because it was fun watchin her little ahoge deedlybopper bounce when she freaked out.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons

Bakanogami posted:

Please remember that one of the more senior artists at the studio is a woman who wears goth-loli outfits to work every day. And insiders have said that her character was inspired by a real (unnamed) person.

And NOW we know why she's goth loli-ing it every day. I liked today's episode because for now things to be back on track until the next inevitable hiccup haha. :3: I hope we can get gifs of the angel exercise if only cuz I was like "wtf is going on here"

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons

Mentat Radnor posted:

P.A. Works needs to start production on Gothic Lolita Women's Koushien as soon as humanly possible.

Agreed.

StandardVC10 posted:

In a Volvo 240, no less. :lol:

Also agreed here. I like how the Initial D Tokyo Drift stuff always takes place in the stupidest cars.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons

jrdbnta posted:

That's impossible. The creator(s) of a manga can kill an anime adaptation in the crib if they want to - or endlessly delay it like Takeuchi did with the Sailor Moon reboot.

Is that what happened with Sailor Moon? I figured they just went up to her and were like "Look we can't keep just announcing it, we need to actually make it to keep getting money".

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Thanks for the answering on the Sailor Moon thing. On the one hand I can definitely understand her feelings. On the other it's kind of like...bleeurgh everything makes so much sense now.

joachim783 posted:

The highlight of the episode. http://a.pomf.se/tfitvx.webm

Also thank you for this~

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Yea on the one hand, loving Tarou man. But then on the other at least Tarou seems to give a poo poo, even if it can be about stupid things. New guy doesn't even wanna party. Also the noodles at the party made me think of the Nichijou scene with the noodles and the EEEEEEEEEEHHHHHH.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
I like how in part 2 of the show Ema has gotten to be a helpful senpai too. She went through a trial by fire and came out the better for it. She will help her new little sidekick well, I am sure of it :3:

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
With this episode ending, I guess you shouldn't be surprised with what you get when you align yourself with Studio Taitanic. I did like the old drunken art guy though for how curmudgeonly he was. Also yaaaaay Yano-san is back~

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
I liked this episode a lot. I got a just genuinely nice feeling all around. The studio head is the coolest dude. :3:

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
I didn't even think they might have had a past date type relationship haha. Just seemed like two old co-workers to me vOv

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Latest episode was pretty intense. I laughed pretty hard when Tarou popped up just because he heard his name. Also, Hiroaka continues to be a gently caress, big surprise!

Also, it's really great to have Yano back.

Good Listener fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Feb 26, 2015

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons

Guyver posted:

I liked that they addressed Aoi's role in the show and in her group of friends through Aria.

Yea the part with her reading the lines at the end was a really good if kind of sad moment in itself.

I did also enjoy the talk between Hiroaka and studio head as well. Dropping the truth bombs.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
"Due to production issues, Shirobako episode 21 will be delayed until early in the evening. We thank you for your patience and understanding."

Production issues in my anime about producing anime. Things are getting too meta here you guys.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
The hopping is wonderful~ They were so happy to finish!

I hope a gif of Yano's smiling pops up too because that was pretty great.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
I knew this was going to happen but I'm still :argh: .

Also this episode did a lot of good I think with people kinda gaining some traction with their lives. With Ema getting confident enough to take the position, some humanizing of Hiroaka and even super shy girl managing to get out words and going to the meeting all on her own. On the other hand though, holy poo poo Zukachansenpai :(

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Don't end Shirobako. You are wonderful and I'll miss you :(

That last episode was just so satisfying. Like everything happened just right. :unsmith:

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
I like happy things so that opinion of "I'm mad because things should be depressing" on Shirobako can go sulk in the corner.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
The part where they all had to rush to the different studios to get the tapes there was amazing. Like...goddamn that hit all the good points. Please have more in the future Shirobako, you are so wonderful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons

DiabloCthulhu posted:

So Aoi apparently can multiply!

It's one of the skills you learn as a production desk no doubt.

• Locked thread