Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Good Listener posted:

How many of the characters are based on real studio people? I assume the 5 high school girls are all made up for the show but I'm curious on who is real and who is just an anime creation.
There's a post back on the first page with a bunch of real people (although the Rie Tanaka part is probably a misattribution).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Super Jay Mann posted:

Oh man that manga editor(?). They somehow made a character more insufferable than Tarou in roughly 30 seconds of screen time.
Now all he needs to do is insist they shoehorn in tanuki everywhere.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

The Devil Tesla posted:

anime west wing...
All SHAFT shows now consist of the characters walking briskly down an endless abstract hallway as they talk.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Tamba posted:

But didn't he okay the last episode in an email? At least there's a paper trail now.
I'd need to see the contract to be sure, but generally the words of an agent are binding on their principal so in a vacuum Musani might be justified in proceeding anyway. On the other hand, that might ruin their ability to get other authors to agree to allow adaptations of their work by Musani. If the contract were at all competently drafted there should have been a clause about approval not being unreasonably withheld, and revoking approval way after the fact on a time-sensitive process like that would qualify as unreasonable. At the very least I'd expect the publisher to have to compensate Musani for any expenses reasonably incurred in redoing the episode. But this is anime-land, and anime and the legal system rarely mesh well.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
I nearly lost it at the pseudo-Ennio Morricone music. What a fantastic (in both senses of the word) episode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Phobophilia posted:

Lazy and will do anything to cement his status as a bigshot.
I presumed that most of his later actions were to spite Musani for going around him the first time.

• Locked thread