Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

Revalis Enai posted:

My god that young punk is insufferable. He fucks up his own work and has the balls to nab on someone else's failure.

Especially since it was his fault that episode 4 was behind schedule, since they needed to divert resources from that to fixing his fuckup on episode three.

I know way too many people like that in my line of work, and it makes me wish I could reach through the TV and punch him :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Super Jay Mann posted:

Tarou is literally The Worst.

Quoted for truth.

Gonna leave this right here:

quote:

TAKANASHI :argh:

I know I'll probably need it next week.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

graybook posted:

I really wonder why the heck they even have a room like that in the first place.

You mean you don't have a room you can lock someone in and force them to do the job they're paid for at your workplace? :raise:

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Just finished watching the episode.

Taro status: still the worst, and it's great that everybody recognizes it. A small selection:

"Why didn't you come to me right away?"
"I'm sorry!"
"Not you, HIM!"

"See?"
"Don't "See?" me!"

"I'm glad things were solved by my hard work!"
"Did that just come out of your mouth?"

:allears:

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Scholarships plus part-time work, maybe? (I've got no clue either.)

Re: college students, also in this episode: "I've just now woken up after being up late last night, and I was planning to stay in and do nothing all day."

Speaking as a member of the working class: college students can gently caress right off :arghfist::(

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

A guy I know did some work on a triple-A video game some time back. Production lasted a couple years, and he did two things: blades of grass and water ripples. For two years.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Dawn of
The Final Month
-29 Days Remain-

Deadlines aaaaaaaa :derp:

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

100% sure the girl with double-coloured hair is going to be a semi-regular character from now on. She's too distinctive of a character design to waste on an one-off character.

Also liked the reaction:

"She's seriously going to ask not-Anno to do key frames for her anime? :stare:"

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

The Devil Tesla posted:

Next episode: the disk has an error on it and it doesn't actually air.

If it happens, it will most certainly be Takanashi Tarou's fault.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Guyver posted:

New top image on the website for the second half.

Who's the girl in the bottom left? The others I remember, but I'm drawing a blank regarding her.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Please stop drawing. :catstare:

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Also, to explain the dateline joke: the F-22 has lots of electronics in it. The very first time a flight of F-22 was flying to Japan, when they crossed the dateline their OS coudln't handle the change of date and promptly crashed, causing the F-22s to almost crash too.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

I will forever treasure the line "More importantly, dat rear end!" :allears:

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

This show is really good and it's cool to see something be a complete surprise like this. I wish more shows had characters who weren't in high school. Just do it like shirobako and make them like a year or two out so you can still do the moe design or whatever, but at least they can have jobs now.

On that note: Servant x Service is really good, though an entirely different genre (romantic comedy, with an emphasis on "comedy"), and the characters are almost all adults (there are a couple of teenagers, but they have secondary roles and are seldom in the spotlight).

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Having had way too much experience working with people exactly like that ("Everything's fine!" until suddenly everything's NOT fine and YOU have to fix THEIR fuckup), I wish I could reach through my TV and throttle him to death :argh:

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Speaking of new characters, I really like the two new production assistants, especially Tsubaki. She's just so happy about being able to work in anime! :3:

I hope her enthusiasm isn't crushed by the weight of reality in the next few episodes...

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

I get the distinct impression that the new animator is legit autistic.

Understanding posted:

I need a gif of the director flying. I need it in my life.

Ask and you shall receive.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

I really like Andou and Satou. They pretty clearly screw up now and them, but at least are earnest about it and you can't really fault them since they're new at this. It also serves pretty nicely to highlight how responsible Aoi has become.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

It's probably the third or fourth time I'm posting it in this thread, but:

:derp: :derp: aaaaa deadlines aaaaa :derp: :derp:

Other comments:

Yay for Yano being back!

The newbie voice actress is adorable, she's just so tense in the pre-recording meeting :3:

I stand by my assessment that super shy moe girl is probably somewhere on the autism spectrum.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Sukhoi sukhoi!

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

smenj posted:

I'd hardly say she got it entirely by accident, seeing as she got it entirely on the merit of her original performance. I mean, sure, it's unlikely that they'd come up with a role related to the character she auditioned for that happened to be perfect for her, but she still mainly got the new role because she was second-in-line for the previous one, and good enough that the director specifically remembered her.

She was actually the director's first choice, their reason for not giving her the role was basically "we already got an unknown newcomer in the cast, as the protagonist no less, if we pick another unknown newcomer for this character we'd never hear the end of it from the sponsors."

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

"More importantly, dat rear end!"

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

A girl goes to live in a marginal village that's getting depopulated.

Aw poo poo, it's Non Non Biyori.

Or, if the girl already lives there, it's Barakamon.

Both are awesome and everyone should watch them.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Fair warning! Barakamon and Non Non Biyori, while both slice-of-life, are way different from each other: the latter is more towards the "cute girls doing cute things" type of anime. Still very good, but don't go into it expecting another Barakamon.

Mikl fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Mar 30, 2015

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Poil posted:

I find it extremely unlikely that most, if not all, of the main cast went through high school and university without ever dating someone. :confused:

Lies and slander. How dare you imply my perfect waifu isn't pure. Pistols at dawn.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Davincie posted:

i know what spinoff i want

I would unironically watch the poo poo out of this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

ZiegeDame posted:

Exodus was a bad show and the ending was stupid. :colbert:

Spoken like someone who hasn't seen the director's previous show, Jiggly Jiggly Heaven. Now that was a trainwreck.

• Locked thread