Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

sneaky sneaky, this show

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Lucy Heartfilia posted:

Can you explain what you're talking about?

Foreshadowing about Sugie saving all their asses

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
I think you're overestimating how much people know or even care about planes

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
Apparently they're making an Exodus OVA

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

dogsicle posted:

I can't help but mourn their fat alliance, Honda looks weird now. The PV was awesome and sold me on Aerial Girls, it's really too bad that it's just a show within a show.

Well if Exodus can get an OVA...

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

DamnGlitch posted:

IDK how this is the same studio that made Jiggly Heaven.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
I want to watch RoboHaru

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
The difference is that Tarou got promoted into a position where he can no longer sabotage production, so suddenly he goes from being goofball who creates suffering to just goofball

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
I got curious about how they managed to magic up Nogame's email so quickly, and it looks like the actual reason is because Mr. Funny Story covered his tracks poorly and forwarded part of an email chain to Musashi instead of just replying to them:

also, I liked the Street Fighter references during the scene at the headquarters

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
It's like three lines in a single episode I'm not sure if that qualifies as a full job.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
Flash forward to the future when some directors are reviewing zuka's audition and are like "lol your friend was on desk and you still only got a bit role how terrible are you"

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
This is probably me projecting but in a second season I'd like to see Hiraoka overcome his demons and mature into the kind of person they hinted at him being during his college years.

Also it's rather impressive how pretty much everybody in that photograph got a proper name and title card sometime during the series, and a lot of them even got some characterization in.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
I went googling to see if you were joking or not and good lord it's like some anime pillow sommelier

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
I want to watch RoboHaru

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
Shirobako 3.33 You Can (Not) Recap

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
alcoholism is moe

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
Has anybody gotten their hands on the Sentai blu-rays, how good/bad are they

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

krnhotwings posted:

I've actually had it for a while but had yet to open it. Watching it now, and so far it seems fine. Somebody on Amazon complained that the video quality is not as good as CR's SD stream, but it looks crisp and clean to me. :shrug: Audio sounds fine too, but it's not like there's much going on in terms of sound in Shirobako.

Translations, for the most part, are fine... Sometimes, the translation will sound funky or sometimes just incorrect (for instance, "Okay?" instead of "What?" or "Huh?" when somebody said "Hai?")

Sometimes, there'll be a translation note at the top, which... is fine. Like, sometimes it helps to add the note, sometimes it's not necessary. Honorifics are added to names at times, sometimes dropped completely. Not sure how they determined when to drop them, but it's better than using English honorifics (Mr, Ms... etc. I personally hate it when translations do that.)

In terms of complaints... they used a plain yellow font (blech.) They disabled the ability to turn off subs. When name cards pop up next to the characters, the English translations are placed directly on top of the Japanese text, so it gets hard to read. When they're subbing background and foreground lines, they'll bunch both of them at the bottom, so it gets hard to tell which you should be paying attention to (whether it's the top or bottom line, or the white or yellow font.)

One super annoying thing is that they added a completely silent black and white credits chapter to the end of each episode.

Overall, it's definitely not terrible. It's got its flaws, but I think it's worth the money. However, I also really Shirobako, so I would've gotten the BD regardless. :)

Edit: The first OVA is not included.. I doubt either OVA will be included in the second BD.

No. The second half isn't out yet.

Thanks, I'll probably buy both when the second blu-ray releases.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Agronox posted:

"Hey, you know what, there aren't enough amines that deal with the working lives of adults."

"WE NEED TO PUT SCHOOL UNIFORMS IN SEASON 2, HOW CAN WE DO THIS"

gothic lolita women's koushien was good though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
I will wait for it as long as it takes

• Locked thread