Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

DiabloCthulhu posted:

It's Canaan.

Goons liked that show? I thought it was incredibly asspull-y with decent fight scenes being its only saving grace.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

OnimaruXLR posted:

Man, Taro is a worthless shithead, but somehow seeing the actual flow of events makes me feel less like this mixup is 100% his fault. I mean, MINIMUM 40% HIS FAULT, but all this message relay poo poo and bruised egos...

Hell no, it's way more of his fault than that. His job as a production assistant isn't just to relay messages like some kind of phone line, his whole job revolves around him being able to appease both sides properly and resolve issues that come up. The end results of the episode depends on how effective he is at his job, of which he is a massive detriment to.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Literally every single line Tarou uttered in this episode made me mad. Amazing.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Super Jay Mann posted:

Good news: Tarou was only a useless shithead for one or two scenes this week

Bad news: Poor Ema. You really get a sense of the standard she holds herself to and how that negatively affects her psyche. And the really sucky part is that despite obviously being too hard on herself, I can't even say she's completely wrong. Like she said, she is a professional now, so empty platitudes like "do the best you can" no longer apply. You need to perform to the standard your work demands or you won't advance. It's no wonder she's so stressed right now.

This week hit really hard for me, especially about how she feels like she's wasting her time not getting better. Shirobako's too real man...

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

PaganGoatPants posted:

Donkin Donuts

I didn't know this anime was within the same canon as space station 13

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Poil posted:

Oh, man. The most reliable person is a raving drunkard. But that bartender was pretty great.

Stress level: critical. :ohdear:

Don't worry, I already know who will save the day.

Don't believe me? But they have already foreshadowed it.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Spiritus Nox posted:

Yes.

Also WOO YANO, BEST FRIEND

Sorry, but this is actually what's going to happen

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

DamnGlitch posted:

Yeah I don't watch many shows week to week but I really look forward to this one. I'll be sad when it's over.

Iroha was the same way; IDK how this is the same studio that made Glasslip.

it's like you don't believe that shirobako isn't going to get a second season or something

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Honestly feels like this is going to be one of the greatly remembered animes of these times, it was an amazing ride the whole way through.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

sincx posted:

The shower one is a well-done piece of fan art. If you look at the credits in the upper-left hand corner, it says Ema drew it and Iguchi supervised it.

Can it be considered fanart if a character drew it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

I died on the don don donats cameo, i'm a ghost now, continuing my shitposts

• Locked thread