Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer

Razzled posted:

How can you loving live off less than 10,000 dollars a year??? Are these animators typically living at home and off parents for a while or something? Even our interns get paid more than that and they're loving useless

Just started this show and I like it. Anyway I do remember some documentary following animators in Japan and it was beyond rough. Wish I could remember what it was.

nuru posted:

At the same time, imports are ludicrously priced so they're likely not getting much overseas sales without regional distribution deals.

Spirited Away BD is like...$80. :arghfist:

PaganGoatPants fucked around with this message at 04:02 on Nov 28, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Guyver posted:

I really liked Aoi's realization at the end because a horse's gait is one of the hardest things to animate correctly and it's going to be a nightmare for the animators.

Only have to do 100 of them. What can go wrong? :downs:

I don't know how anyone would want to model car wheels for three years. I'd sooner rather work in that bar the voice actor girl works at. :smithicide:

PaganGoatPants fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Dec 5, 2014

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

nuru posted:

Did I miss in an earlier episode where the girl doing CG got her job modeling tires full time?

Nope

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Good Listener posted:

Why is it I find out today this show is only a 12 episode one? How comes all the shows I like only end up being 12 or 13? Explain it to me Shirobako! :(

Guyver posted:

It's actually 24 episodes. Amazon Japan has eight volumes up. Volume eight lists having episodes 22-24 on it.

If you're going by ANN, don't. They stick 12 on any airing show that they don't have an official episode count for.

That's good to know. I went from :smith: to :unsmith: very quickly between both posts.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Donkin Donuts

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

pandaK posted:

I didn't know this anime was within the same canon as space station 13

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
:unsmith: in episode form.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

The colors :v:

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

I'm pretty disappointed that that image has no Tarou.

They're sitting on his grave.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Guyver posted:

The blurays come with staff interviews conducted by Aoi's voice actress and in a change of pace someone actually subbed the first one with pa works' CEO, Horikawa Kenji.

http://www.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=642589

How/why are there already blurays out?

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

aers posted:

They release 1 BD a month with 2-3 episodes generally starting at the end of the 3rd month after the shows start airing. Some are earlier, some are later, and some series just get BD boxes.

That's weird.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
The new ED is cool.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Looks like next episode they hit an iceburg. :downsrim:

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
So is voice-actor girl ever going to get work? :ohdear:

Show is too realistic.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

How is it possible to live off this?

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Neeksy posted:

She was good enough to get asked to read for another character and then became the runner-up. She's not without some talent, but she's in a world of heavy competition.

Runner-ups are the first loser! She'll become the manager of that bar and that'll be that.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Spiritus Nox posted:

Is it weird that I find this show...kind of theraputic? Like, it feels weird to get kind of a fundamental emotional reaction off of a show that doesn't...feel profound or game-changing or anything, but I dunno. Something about its fundamental optimism with regard to the daily grind combined with how cool all the characters are make it kind of a revitalizer for my own college grind.

I mean, I'm about the same age as Aoi and Friends, so it's entirely possible the show's just better than I've given it credit for and I'm right in one of its target audiences. Just sayin'.

Also, Diesel is really cool and got some great characterization this scene, Hiraoka needs to be punched.

I dunno it's just really...down to earth? I laughed out loud when the giant cleavage showed up. It's such a contrast to the show itself - it caught me offguard.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Twiddy posted:

I know that it's extremely irrational and almost spergy to get annoyed by that very innocent wording, but my first thought wouldn't be that the staff forget about 2 of their 5 central characters. They've shown good writing and the ability to use their character resources well, such as pulling the old guy out at the end of part 1. Them not showing up is probably mostly related to their circumstances not having relevance to the drama going on now. We should see them again and get some more out of them after this delay shitstorm starts to blow over or when they get involved.

That said, the fact that Shizuka hasn't been showing up recently is very concerning. The overall tone of this show is positive so it's not like I'm losing hope, but the show is running out of time to resolve her employment issue. I guess delaying it as long as possible does provide good tension, though. Good for the intensity of the writing, not so good for my heart.

Well I assumed one of the main actors for Panzer und Planes would've dropped out and she would take their place, but that isn't happening it seems soooooo

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Clarste posted:

It still has time to happen, doesn't it? Wouldn't be the first time they had to drop everything and redo stuff in a hurry.

The first episode hasn't aired yet? If not I guess there is time.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I sit down to start the latest episode and it isn't up yet on CR. :negative:

It's up in 6 minutes though.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

joachim783 posted:

episode 1 vs episode 21

Hiraoka is jaded...and right! :tinfoil:

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Voice actor girl will begin her decline into alcoholism next episode.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

quote:

Due to production issues, episode 23 of Shirobako will be delayed. We thank you for your patience and understanding.

:negative:

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Is there really only 1 episode left?

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

The Devil Tesla posted:

No, there's going to be a season 2

Excellent.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Anonymous-san posted:

So the episode aired, though it's not going up on Crunchyroll until some unspecified later time today. We've got one week left! Let's all do our best until then.

All I could imagine is the director chaging this part to make it more emotional at the last minute. :unsmith:

Zuka still doesn't have a big enough gig yet though.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

The Black Stones posted:

Haha. Yep, Shirobako is gonna be delayed on CR. Everybody watching on there should avoid this thread like the plague until it goes up.

Whyyyy

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I'm sad it's over :(

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I just want more of the same stuff. I'd rather have a season 2, but if a movie is all we get then fine. :colbert:

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Reading a blog about anime is a mistake.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Will this be out in the US on bluray or something?

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Shirobako: Ema turns out to be a nymphomaniac

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

In Training posted:

The blu Rays for this show have been selling better every volume and topped the sales chart this week for the first time. Looks like a big groundswell of love for the show, Season 2 could happen..

It better.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Is this show available for purchase anywhere? (bluray etc)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

dragon enthusiast posted:

Has anybody gotten their hands on the Sentai blu-rays, how good/bad are they

Is it all out as one set yet?

• Locked thread