Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
Wait, this was the PA Works show for the season? How did I not know that?

I'm so glad PA Works is making something good after the nonsense that was Glasslip. They're doing a fantastic job on this show, and it looks like the staff knows what they're doing too.

This might be my favorite for the season if it keeps this up, despite stiff competition.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Phobophilia posted:

Having watched one episode of that lovely twintail thing, I Disagree. Twintails is too self-aware and is constantly winking at the audience. No, Yu3 is that show, wher Seiji Kishi really wants to tell a deep emotional story.

How did you manage to switch threads?

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

The Black Stones posted:

I'll defend Angel Beats by saying that if P.A works didn't have half the show pulled out from under them it probably would have been amazing instead of pretty good. I still like it regardless.

P.A works generally had been pretty good. I'd say that recently their output has been a little bad because I think they tried going to the same story idea well too many times (kids/teenagers get displaced out of their element! Wacky comedy and romance ensues) with Hanasaku Iroha, then Nagi which was good but didn't have the same spark, and then Glasslip I didn't even bother watching because it felt like I had already seen the show before it aired just by its plot summary.

So I'm glad they're doing this show because it feels fresh and fun.

I'm with you there. Angel Beats is one of my personal favorites and I'm disappointed that it got gimped the way it did. Also it is one of only 2 non lovely shows Seiji Kishi has directed.

Cannon was another decent show they did.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

OnimaruXLR posted:

Angel Beats over either Humanity Has Declined OR Sunred? :raise:

Haven't seen Sunred, but HHD was what I was referring to.

I guess I should have added, "that I have seen/heard of".

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

pandaK posted:

Goons liked that show? I thought it was incredibly asspull-y with decent fight scenes being its only saving grace.

I didn't think it was terrible, but not great either. Nothing egregiously bad about it on any front though, so it was a decent watch.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
Wis someone please loving kill fire Tarou? I seriously cannot stand to see his face at this point, and the VA is doing too good a job sounding like a snarky shithead.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

The Devil Tesla posted:

That's not what I said at all!

It's what you know, in your heart, to be true.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

organism posted:

I'm surprised some of these characters can even leave their house let alone hold jobs when literally every social interaction, no matter how inconsequential or mundane, causes them to turn into a stuttering, flustered, nervous wreck.

They're meant to be caricatures, don't think about it too hard.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Neeksy posted:

I thought the blurred-out part was hilarious, precisely because everything is so recognizable. I figured that kind of meaningless censorship was a part of the joke.

Yep, that is the most amusing way they could have handled censorship.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

I'm pretty disappointed that that image has no Tarou.

PaganGoatPants posted:

They're sitting on his grave.

I would be perfectly fine with this being real.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

.Clash posted:

I guessed it was actually meant to be Yamato.

This was my first thought too. But did he work on Yamato, either the original or 2199?

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

PaganGoatPants posted:

That's weird.

The anime industry is as bizarre as the stuff they animate.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
Yep, that owned. I feel kinda bad for Miyamori, even though she'll probably do a relatively good job. I say relatively because plot will probably throw some bat poo poo her way again.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

StandardVC10 posted:

If so whoever is flying that one will die horribly.

Please do explain for us non-nerds.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

StandardVC10 posted:

The MiG-23 was/is a Russian interceptor that has a reputation of being very demanding to fly. The United States had a special unit where they test-flew Soviet fighters in the Nevada desert, and their smuggled-in MiG-23s crashed twice (granted, once was because of the pilot being an idiot, and a lack of spare parts and full documentation made the flying more dangerous that it would be for the Russians regardless.)

Not as bad as I was expecting, honestly, but being the most difficult to fly does suggest being most likely to crash and burn.

Poil posted:

A four hundred million dollar plane using less than four hundred dollar software? :downs:

We did go the the moon and back on less than a cheap cellphone, so that's not all that fair.

The moral is most likely to bug-test the poo poo out of any software that could kill a person. Good thing that Civilization bug didn't caused actual nukes to launch...

ViggyNash fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Jan 9, 2015

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

seems to actually do his job competently.

Are you sure you've been watching the show?

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
You said everything I was going to.

I probably would have killed someone in that meeting. Good thing it's all just caricature, right?

Right...?

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

sincx posted:

Actas, the GuP studio. It's set in the same town as GuP. They were responsible for delaying the last two episodes of GuP for months.

:ohdear:

Musani's screwed.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

CuLT posted:

I could believe "researcher" as an entry level position to writing; useful for world building. You probably don't write historical / period fiction without a skill like that.

Pretty much. This is a good stepping stone for her, especially since she'll be in close contact with Musani's lead writer guy whose name I forget.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
That is somehow way more hilarious than it should be. Partially because it's not timg'd.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
The most edumacational of episodes.

Also the most terrifying.

Mikl posted:

Having had way too much experience working with people exactly like that ("Everything's fine!" until suddenly everything's NOT fine and YOU have to fix THEIR fuckup), I wish I could reach through my TV and throttle him to death :argh:

Seriously. gently caress that guy.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

sincx posted:

Really? I thought she was adorable. And I can so see someone like that being into anime and becoming a key animator.

I mostly thought her animation was adorable. she's still pretty flat as a character though.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

The Devil Tesla posted:

Let just be clear, it's not a living wage. That's why we get stuff like this.

Oh cool, they got funded. Not by much more than they asked, unfortunately, but it's a start.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

Also this. Aoi's face, Ema's exercises, Tokyo Drifting, Gothloli Koushien, Newbies hating on Tarou. The best fanservice. :iia:

Seriously, this episode was fanservicy in the best way possible.

The best of which, to me as a racing game fan, was the two of them TrackMania-ing down the highways of Tokyo in an 80's Volvo. :allears:

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Davincie posted:

eagerly looking forward to a new age of adult workplace moe

Still better than the current status quo.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

:aaaaa:

It's brilliant.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Davincie posted:

girl you look like a dishrag

I only wish she looked like that the whole episode, that would have been some neat attention to detail.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

coathat posted:

I think you're the one who needs to pay attention to details.

At the very least it definitely wasn't there in several scenes, including right after that one.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
People thought Yano and Hiraoka were/had dated/-ing? I just thought they were really good, long time industry acquaintances. They seemed too lighthearted about their opposing personalities to have ever had an intimate relationship.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

DiabloCthulhu posted:

It sure is (and it will be the second best selling fall show, behind UBW).

:psyduck:

I was not expecting this at all. Maybe things will change for the better? :unsmith:

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Good Listener posted:

"Due to production issues, Shirobako episode 21 will be delayed until early in the evening. We thank you for your patience and understanding."

Production issues in my anime about producing anime. Things are getting too meta here you guys.

It was already too meta when that episode of Durarara aired.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

I could watch this forever.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
Where did you guys see the Exodus OVA? I didn't see it on CR, and I can't find fansubs either.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Damegane posted:

If they do anything at all, it'll more likely to be reporting his irresponsible behaviour to the author and the guy from the publisher that they got the project from. Funny Story will be out of a job and blacklisted pretty quick.

That's a best case scenario.

This show hasn't been all that forthcoming with best case scenarios.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

sincx posted:

Why are they making Zuka suffer this much? Mizushima isn't usually the type to troll viewers like this.

She can't even get into Ariel Girls now that recording is done.

Unless the new Funny Story incident gives her a chance somehow.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Tamba posted:

But didn't he okay the last episode in an email? At least there's a paper trail now.

To do what? Sue him? That doesn't help them get the show finished.

I think they need to get to the author directly, gently caress the contract. They just need the paper trail to get him fired.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

DiabloCthulhu posted:

Ok, now this is really amusing (it's a building Mizushima based studio Taitanic off)

Oh wow, that owns.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
Anyone know when the new ep is supposed to get to Crunchyroll?

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Davincie posted:

wtf is crunchyroll doing

Obviously this is some elaborate meta troll.I wish.

ViggyNash fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Mar 20, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

tonberrytoby posted:

I do think it would have been better if Shizuka had gotten the role with Aoi's help instead of getting the role entirely accidentally. It could easily lead to her learning the importance of networking.

This is the perfect opening line for a spinoff about Shizuka's future career.

Hey, accidents happen, for better or worse.

I finally got around to watching this and it was PERFECT! I couldn't have asked for anything more. :allears:

• Locked thread