Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Damegane
May 7, 2013
Heh, more references to Itou Shizuka being a drunk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Damegane
May 7, 2013
Anno next episode? Is Aoi gonna somehow convince Anno to work on Exodus, thus making it a legendary final episode when 2ch freaks out while looking at the credits scroll?

Damegane
May 7, 2013
It's not Strike Witches. It's some LN series that's really just girls flying planes.

Damegane
May 7, 2013

Phobophilia posted:

Why did Mahouka look so poo poo and move so slowly? This is the same studio that's making Parasyte, which looks great on a tiny budget.

Mahouka's the ultimate pander work, it should have had a ton of budget and talent poured into it.

Blew it all on the voice cast and various CGI sparkly effects.

Damegane
May 7, 2013
http://a.pomf.se/gtwgou.webm

Damegane
May 7, 2013

DamnGlitch posted:

Whatever they did, they clearly made the effort to make it look legit and whether or not it was 'real' or a slight of hand, it was really nice.

Yeah Shirobako is very clearly a passion project for them and they're really going all out whenever they can.

Damegane
May 7, 2013

StandardVC10 posted:

I read the SA thread about Iroha in archives a while back, it sounded like it got a really mixed reception at the time, but I didn't know it was the same studio as Shirobako either.

Iroha had good and bad episodes, but Shirobako is just consistently great every episode.

Damegane
May 7, 2013
I feel like Zuka's gonna get to voice the baby boar. Not even joking. It'll be a role at least, and it could help her get recognition if she shows up at promotional events afterwards.

Damegane
May 7, 2013
If they do anything at all, it'll more likely to be reporting his irresponsible behaviour to the author and the guy from the publisher that they got the project from. Funny Story will be out of a job and blacklisted pretty quick.

Damegane
May 7, 2013
I'm still surprised she's not voicing the baby boar, given her mascot character credentials. It had all the signs that that would be her lucky break!

MonsterEnvy posted:

Though Tarou does not appear to have screwed up once with Aerial Girls. He has actually been doing pretty well at his job.

Hell yes. He's went from a guy who could do nothing right or on time at the start of the series, to a guy who just needed reminders on his work at the start of Aerial Girls' production, and now he's getting his work done fast and good, and getting to leave early. I hated him just as much as everyone else in the beginning, but he's grown so much, holy poo poo.

Damegane
May 7, 2013
A quote from elsewhere

quote:

From 2ch SHIROBAKO thread (and posted on Yaraon)
http://yaraon.blog109.fc2.com/blog-entry-30834.html

Apparently some editor got pissed and made multiple tweets bitching about how editors are depicted in SHIROBAKO
But it backfired. This guy Ishiguro apparently is famous for being exactly the kind of douchebag the show depicted, and he was the inspiration for the character "Haraguro" in Genshiken.
If you remember, Haraguro was the dirtbag editor who would do anything to make a buck.

Ishiguro is infamous in the industry, like flame-trolling forums to spam and quitting jobs left and right, but the biggest one was when he straight out lied to Futaba and tried to steal characters drawn by anonymous artists on the imageboard. He lied saying he got permission to make manga out of them.

Damegane
May 7, 2013

vivisecting posted:

I did notice that!

Also, in the CR subs, when the president gives the director those clothes he actually says "battle clothes," which I thought makes more sense than both the president and the director thinking that cowboy clothes are "sharp." Then again, they are an old man and a neckbeard and I only have the two years of obligatory japanese classes that my weeb phase put me through to back this up. I'm sure the CR translator has more experience with that stuff. Still, I thought it was worth pointing out since the director is literally leaving to battle.

You're right though. CR subbers are known to be a bunch of monkeys who can even screw up with numbers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Damegane
May 7, 2013
Very.

e: Not only that, it's just really popular in general, so it's not just the usual horde of otaku with a ton of disposable income to spend on expensive BDs. There was a popularity poll on niconico a few days ago I think, and Shirobako ranked no. 1.

Damegane fucked around with this message at 11:38 on Apr 2, 2015

• Locked thread