Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

The Devil Tesla posted:

Has anything P.A. Works been amazing before now?

I really really like Iroha. I didn't know Glasslip was by them but it was and it kinda sucked soooo.

pandaK posted:

Goons liked that show? I thought it was incredibly asspull-y with decent fight scenes being its only saving grace.

I dunno about 'goons' (which is a pretty crummy way to judge the value of a show) but I was really digging it until like, the penultimate episode where they pull a super serious cliffhanger they asspull in the first 10 seconds of the next episode. It was so bad that it would have been hilarious if they hadn't actually succeeded in getting me invested in the loving thing.

DamnGlitch fucked around with this message at 08:55 on Oct 21, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

That's my understanding as well, and I can't wait to see what happens after Exodus has wrapped :3

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

GuP?

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

I didn't think the meeting was hard to watch. It was a very caricatured take on what I'm sure goes on, but it was like "yup, I bet shades of this exist, that sure sucks"

Everyone realizing they are working on the same project the VA just got turned down for almost made me cry though.

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

Oh I'm guessing she will get a call, since this anime will likely take up the rest of the series and it would be kind of weird for them not to fulfill their highschool dream. But it was still heartbreaking to see the realization dawn on them.

(The only other thing I can see is if she doesn't get the call, once the aero series wraps, near the last episode of this season, they get another project that we don't get to see and she's picked to be the lead actress or something because she did well in a show for another studio)

DamnGlitch fucked around with this message at 10:35 on Jan 18, 2015

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

It kinda bugs me that writer girl isn't doing anything approaching writing. I like that she's involved but I wonder if she's gonna be like "This is my new calling!" or twist and go "But my true passion is...!"

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

Scared girl is gross, hair streak girl is best.

(professional not-commuting girl is second best)

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

The after designs have line width variations and have a sense of depth while the before is rather flat. Small or not, it is an improvement. Whether it'll translate into animation is another question. The difference between the two 'designs' is way under the threshold you see for deviations for the model in animation.

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

The problem isn't that the author was like "hey what the gently caress it should be like this". The problem is that his editor is a piece of poo poo who didn't actually get the design in front of him until after production started, and let production start with his garbage rear end assurances.

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

Ccs posted:

Alright, I guess there's changes. It would matter in CG a lot, where they use one model per character as base, but I wonder how much it'll actually change the quality of the 2D animation, as all animator's styles vary slightly. Though I guess they've got animation checkers to bring everything back on model.

Yeah that's my worry as well.

DamnGlitch posted:

The after designs have line width variations and have a sense of depth while the before is rather flat. Small or not, it is an improvement. Whether it'll translate into animation is another question. The difference between the two 'designs' is way under the threshold you see for deviations for the model in animation.

Fangz posted:

I dunno, the author clearly has an issue too. Like, the whole thing with the author demanding 'Ghibli': that betrays either grossly out of whack expectations, or a frightening degree of ignorance with the anime industry.

Was that the author or the guys shopping out for rights? If That is the author, it would show how important that line quality is to (him). Definitely expecting to much... for a moe fighter pilot show.

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

This was a good episode, like most episodes of shirobako, which are good.

Tarou being just a butthole instead of a gently caress up is weird and satisfying character development.

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

How wrong we were...

I can't tell if this is leading up to that dude being poo poo canned or leading up to him turning into someone who isn't a knob.

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

That is my hope, but he's literally been not at the studio til the last ep so hard to know. definitively. It IS anime so I sometimes have trouble leaning on the obvious answer (throw him out on his rear end).

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

She is great. Even the anime otaku is like "wtf is this"

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

Yeah I don't watch many shows week to week but I really look forward to this one. I'll be sad when it's over.

Iroha was the same way; IDK how this is the same studio that made Glasslip.

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

Whatever they did, they clearly made the effort to make it look legit and whether or not it was 'real' or a slight of hand, it was really nice.

The Black Stones posted:

P.A works is pretty inconsistent, and they also seem to try and mine the same idea of "teen/kids have relationship problems, with a twist on the setting"

So it was nice to see that they decided to just go "eh gently caress it. Adults are interesting, right? Do we know any adults? No? Well, what about us? Yeah, sounds good."

I like that they do original project, but yeah I had high hopes for Glasslip from hearing the premise and... wow.

pandaK posted:

it's like you don't believe that shirobako isn't going to get a second season or something

I was surprised it was a full 2 cour, then elated.

I'm guessing movie instead of a second series though, if they do more. That's how it was with iroha anyway.

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

Yeah Iroha seemed to be more like a hidden gem but Shriobako seems like it's a breakout hit.

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

Idk how it was received week to week but when it was all out I was excited for each new episode as I watched it.

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

Just saying, called it on hiroaka~

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

You don't like it, we get it, fuckkkkkkkk,,,,,, aahhhhhhhhh

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

Fantastic series. Love the end. I have no loving clue what i'm supposed to think about them adapting one... I mean two piece. I mean... those long running shonen jump shows are usually farmed to a poo poo load of studios at once aren't they? What's the idea of sticking with one dinky studio that's put out a prestige show and a well done adaptation? Both of them were only 1 cour too...

It's rife for dramatic purposes; I wonder if they do a second season they'll have the long runner in the background while they do a bunch of smaller shows and track their careers over a longer span instead of up close like with exodus and aerial girls.

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

So what's the source?

edit: ethics in anime journalism

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

What a piece of poo poo. It pretty clear they went into it hating it and, proven completely wrong about their baseless assumptions, decided to continue hating it out of spite.

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

I like how every single one of his assumptions are completely off base.

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

Zettace posted:

Why are you guys posting about some lovely blog.

I was hoping that the new OVA was out when new posts appeared.

It's been like a week since the show went off air, man.

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

Dr_Amazing posted:

What was Funny Story's deal anyway? It seemed to go beyond just being lazy into actively loving up the production.

He mentions it really fast, he was worried about the mangaka meeting his deadlines, so he wasn't bringing up any of the anime stuff to him to distract him. Or something like that.

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

I think it was probably legit but not because he was trying to help but more because getting his guy to write more helps him out. I dunno.

He's like the quintessential lovely editor. "shove this anime stuff up your rear end my meal ticket needs to work on his stuff" or something

He definitely took it to another level when he actively started to try and poo poo on PA Work Musashi.

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

Spiritus Nox posted:

I forget, do we know for sure whether we're getting S2?

Nnnno.

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

Fangz posted:

I feel like this is probably not a normal part of anime production

It doesn't mean they are producing anime sure but it certainly is a normal byproduct.

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

He got his poo poo beat up, so he served his purpose.

But yeah, taro turned cool, moe girl that was incredibly difficult to watch at first had her moments, shirobako is a really good anime.

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

Im usually fine with shows ending. In fact its one of reason I love anime, since most of them have an end of some sort that isn't just "stopped being popular got cancelled"

But rewatching the show, I really wanna see a movie about them doing a movie production :<

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

Rewatching Shirobako, made me wanna rewatch Iroha, and thats making me wanna go on a PA Works tour.

Canaan was pretty okay (great show with a terrible last ep resolution to a penultimate ep cliff hanger). I went into glasslip all psyched off iroha and was incredibly disappointed. Other than that i havent seen any of their stuff. Will be interesting to explore.

• Locked thread