Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
It was immensely satisfying to see Aoi hang up on asshat coworker multiple times. That's the kind of cojones that's far too rare in anime (and sometimes real life).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Gee, I wonder who they're going to hire.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
I'm pretty disappointed that that image has no Tarou.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Girls und Panzer

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
New character designer lady (Iguchi?) is really likeable. She's super stressed and having a pretty poo poo time of it, but she still is nice to her coworkers and generally upbeat about things.

If she were walking down a street and encountered a kitty on one side and a poop on the other, she'd look at the kitty, not the poop. I like folks like that.

edit:

sincx posted:

Is it me, or did this episode feel more fan-servicy than usual? I mean, nothing like panty shots, or whatever, but just girls being excessively cute. Like Aoi with a :3: cat face.

Also this. Aoi's face, Ema's exercises, Tokyo Drifting, Gothloli Koushien, Newbies hating on Tarou. The best fanservice. :iia:

Yes_Cantaloupe fucked around with this message at 08:48 on Jan 30, 2015

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
This has become the show I'm most consistently excited about watching each week. It's been ages since I've enjoyed an anime this much. The earnestness of all the characters, the relatability of their difficulties, the familiarity of the office bullshit, the obviously-real life-inspired side characters - it all really works. The doll & bear less so, but that's minor.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

K. Flaps posted:

A movie about them making a movie.

That is beautiful and makes too much sense to not happen.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Fangz posted:

I am kinda hoping that Zuka never gets her voice acting job, at this point, to underline that in the end the industry isn't for everyone.

That is mean to Zuka-chan-senpai. I disagree.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Aren't most jobs in any industry filled by someone knowing the right person? It seems unfair from the outside, but on the inside, it's great to be able to hire someone you know isn't awful.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
/\/\/\/\/\ Hell, I'd have surprise dropped in on the author himself months ago.

I still don't really understand how Tarou metamorphosed from "loving idiot that I hate" to "lovable idiot who I love to hate." I... I no longer want him to lose his job.

Yes_Cantaloupe fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Feb 26, 2015

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
I like it when Tarou gets hit.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
I do not like this man who is mean to Zuka-chan-sempai.

I also don't like Ema's proposed gloves, but that problem seems to have solved itself.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Someday they'll make an anime about my life, and they'll get to today, and it'll be even more meta-er.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
I loved the bit with Diesel and the director jumping for joy at the end. They were just so happy :3:

Xelkelvos posted:

Also, I think Zuka didn't want Aoi making introductions for her because she wanted to get her roles by her own ability and not by introduction.

That's the anime answer, but I'm thinking Clarste and sincx have the right of it. This show's been too positive about knowing people being a good thing to do that, I think.

Yes_Cantaloupe fucked around with this message at 07:44 on Mar 6, 2015

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
I am very sad for Zuka-chan-senpai. I want to not be.

In principle, I totally support the "dreams don't always work out" message, but the execution is hard to watch.

Dj Meow Mix posted:

i hope tarou and hiraoka go far

I hope they kiss.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
There's no Shirobako. WHY IS THERE NO SHIROBAKO?

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
ZUKA-CHAN-SENPAI!!!!!!:dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

I am so pleased that her arc got a happy conclusion. It would have been too cruel to have her be the only one of the group to not find some success during the show's run. Despite the sudden nature of it, it didn't feel like too much of an asspull, either.

Same.

Yes_Cantaloupe fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Mar 20, 2015

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
I have composed a song:

Shirobako is so good
is so good
is so good.

Shirobako is so good
I like it a lot.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
I am now going stay out of this thread until I have seen the episode. I may or may not be drinking cheap whiskey in the meantime in an attempt to lose track of the hours. It would be kind of some friend to give a heads up in the season or chat threads when the episode is up on Crunchyroll.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
It's out on Crunchyroll, for any who for some reason are looking here but not there.

A wonderful end to an amazing series. The five friends getting together at the end and being friends was great. The different groups drinking together was great. Autistic artist girl learning to speak in reasonably complete sentences and seeing Aoi's spirit animals was great. Hiroaka and Diesel reconciling and chatting amicably together was great. Everyone working together at mach speed to get the final episode together with no real problems was great. What's-her-name with the braid and the boobs (Segawa, maybe? names are hard) coming into the office and discomfiting the guy (no clue on his name) was great. Ema insisting that she be the one to draw Zuka-chan-senpai's character was great. Diesel dressing down the cow was great.

Everything was great. I have difficulty imagining a show dethroning Shirobako as anime of the year.

VVVVVVVV Oh poo poo, yeah, Zuka-chan-senpai getting more work was also great!

Yes_Cantaloupe fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Mar 27, 2015

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
I love that the only truly, irredeemably unlikeable character got the dressing down he so richly deserved by the end. All the other characters who were antagonistic or incompetent or infuriating got enough development so that they were likeable by the end - or at least, I was happy that they seemed to be making progress. Though really, the show's been so consistently good at humanizing characters that I suspect they could even make me like Mr. Funny Story by the end of a movie.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

ViggyNash posted:

Google translate gives me this: "SHIROBAKO25 episode also Na was interesting ( while eating a donut ) I think you want to sleep while watching a dream ."

What's the sensible translation of that tweet?

More or less:
Shirobako episode 25 was pretty great (I watched while eating donuts). It would be a fine thing to dream about.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Yes, Zuka-chan-senpai will never be alone while she has alcohol.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Xelkelvos posted:

What type of things does this awful person like?

, apparently.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Didn't they just refute that Yano and Hiraoka had dated? My recollection is that the twitter statement didn't go farther than that.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Zettace posted:

Dudes, everyone in this show is my girlfriend/boyfriend.

This is impossible, as my detailed spreadsheet pairing them off with each other clearly shows.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
I have to admit that I'd be pretty unenthusiastic if my job suddenly included a bunch more meetings with people I didn't care about for a project I didn't care about, and I wasn't being paid any more.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
I think the gimmick on any of the potential spin-offs would wear thin after, at most, a few episodes. Therefore, they should make just 1-3 episodes of each and string them together as a one cour show while they're figuring out how to make Shirobako season 2 as awesome as the first.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
It might work best if they just animated the climactic episode of each:
  • GothLoli Baseball team competes at Koushien against a normal highschool team!
  • Exodus! girls run away on horses or whatever!
  • Aerial Girls girl decides to fly again and fucks up the commies or whoever it is they're supposed to fight!
  • Seven Lucky Gods do... lucky... god... things.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Relin posted:

i finished this recently. that extremely shy moe key artist was loving abysmal

There was some good visual comedy with her facial expressions, but yeah, kinda.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Poil posted:

Also she should be the most relatable character for goons. :v:

I can't draw :(

• Locked thread