Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

darealkooky posted:

gently caress a new KOF, when is there going to either be an online version of cvs2 or a cvs3 (that will be ruined by capcom because they haven't made a good fighting game in a decade)

Tatsunoko Vs Capcom came out in 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

darealkooky posted:

If you're going to use any of the garbage sf4 games as an example of a good fighting game why would you pick the worst one?

USF4, at least, is good.

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
the problem with ultra is that it's built off the clunky needlessly obtuse mash-friendly nostalgia filled bullshit that is sf4 so it's never going to be the best game. Instead of tech rolling to beat all the stupid vortex stuff that came about because sf4 doesn't have a real offense game you get to slightly alter your wakeup time and hope you guess right, wow awesome.

Seshoho Cian posted:

Tatsunoko Vs Capcom came out in 2008

people only pretended they liked this game because they were hungry for a new marvel (and because it was japanese only for a while and people don't like being told "you can't play with this toy" even if they don't actually wanna play with it), same way people pretended they liked original sf4 because they were hungry for a new street fighter game. assists are worthless, all the characters have really limited/non wacky movelists for a VS game and depending on the version either karas or zero completely poop on everyone

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

yoshinori ono is a man who has gone on interviews as saying he feels like luck is a fundamental element of being good at fighting games and that he intentionally made yun and yang god tier in AE so "the community would have a villain to struggle against" and people keep playing his games like some sort of loving abused housewife just because ryu is in it

if you play a sf4 game in TYOOL 2014 you are part of the problem, you buy a game because it's from a franchise you remember and/or the idea of leaving your comfort zone terrifies you

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

darealkooky posted:

the problem with ultra is that it's built off the clunky needlessly obtuse mash-friendly nostalgia filled bullshit that is sf4 so it's never going to be the best game. Instead of tech rolling to beat all the stupid vortex stuff that came about because sf4 doesn't have a real offense game you get to slightly alter your wakeup time and hope you guess right, wow awesome.

people only pretended they liked this game because they were hungry for a new marvel (and because it was japanese only for a while and people don't like being told "you can't play with this toy" even if they don't actually wanna play with it), same way people pretended they liked original sf4 because they were hungry for a new street fighter game. assists are worthless, all the characters have really limited/non wacky movelists for a VS game and depending on the version either karas or zero completely poop on everyone

darealkooky posted:

yoshinori ono is a man who has gone on interviews as saying he feels like luck is a fundamental element of being good at fighting games and that he intentionally made yun and yang god tier in AE so "the community would have a villain to struggle against" and people keep playing his games like some sort of loving abused housewife just because ryu is in it

if you play a sf4 game in TYOOL 2014 you are part of the problem, you buy a game because it's from a franchise you remember and/or the idea of leaving your comfort zone terrifies you

:staredog:

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

the next metagame level after fighting people in fighting games is to fight people on the internet about fighting games

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
youre a tyool

Swelter Discharge
Mar 21, 2013

this guy writes too many drat words and i dont read any of em

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!
I like beating people up with T. Hawk and Guy.

Swelter Discharge
Mar 21, 2013

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

I like beating people up with T. Hawk and Guy.

i havent played ultra but i enjoyed playing abel and rufus

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Swelter Discharge posted:

i havent played ultra but i enjoyed playing abel and rufus

Rufus is kewl.

conceitedguy
Nov 8, 2013

Swelter Discharge posted:

this guy writes too many drat words and i dont read any of em

You can't handle a passionate gamer holding forth. Sickening.

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

swamp waste
Nov 4, 2009

There is some very sensual touching going on in the cutscene there. i don't actually think it means anything sexual but it's cool how it contrasts with modern ideas of what bad ass stuff should be like. It even seems authentic to some kind of chivalric masculine touching from a tyme longe gone
fighting games were designed to be easy, but people rapidly became too good at them by playing against each other, causing them to become hard. researchers have been unable to reverse this trend, even by threatening to yell for mom when their opponent in smash is grabbing the ledge too many times.

swamp waste
Nov 4, 2009

There is some very sensual touching going on in the cutscene there. i don't actually think it means anything sexual but it's cool how it contrasts with modern ideas of what bad ass stuff should be like. It even seems authentic to some kind of chivalric masculine touching from a tyme longe gone

Arian_Samurai posted:

Pro tip: Best character is always a karate guy. Wrestlers, boxers, kung-fu guys, army dudes, ninjas. None can compare with a dude in PJs who throws fireballs.

best character is m bison or whoever looks the most like m bison

Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

darealkooky posted:

Counter point: You can play as Teknoman in it

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
That one dude is right

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
SNK, give me Butt.

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Secondary Objective: Commit Fraud - Complete

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

HOly Fuckballs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KaptainKrunk
Feb 6, 2006

imp who's your favorite FGC personality?

Mine is Alex Valle guy is hilarious and has really good stories

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

KaptainKrunk posted:

imp who's your favorite FGC personality?

Mine is Alex Valle guy is hilarious and has really good stories

i like k brad, because I think it's funny how upfront he is about frauding people with scummy characters

Trash Ops
Jun 19, 2012

im having fun, isnt everyone else?

persona 4 arena ultimax

conceitedguy
Nov 8, 2013

Holy poo poo; this loving unfunny Jew piece of poo poo better keep his hands off my gaming culture.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

chris g

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot
the guy who just died yesterday, rip him

thuly
Jun 19, 2005

Transcending history, and the world, a tale of MS Paint and animes, endlessly retold.
Local mall arcade is going out and there's a cvs2 cabinet for 375 US wanna buy that so bad

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

darealkooky posted:

That one dude is right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Swelter Discharge
Mar 21, 2013

thuly posted:

Local mall arcade is going out and there's a cvs2 cabinet for 375 US wanna buy that so bad

if its not in terrible shape you should definitely buy it

• Locked thread