Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.
I'm finally plugging my way through season 4 (this is where the iconic title sequence seems to have started), but the shift from 20 minute episodes to 40 is a little... different.

Like, sure, some of the earlier episodes felt a little rushed, but it almost feels like 40 minutes is too long for the mystery. As in, you figure out what's going on quite quickly and as a result there's less of a "twist". Admittedly i'm only 5 episodes in and that might change.

The thing that i love about marathoning the whole series is that i can see where a lot of modern sci-fi shows clearly got their origins/inspiration.

Hell the latest episode i saw (Mute) was about a mute girl with telepathy involved in a house that inexplicably caught fire and ended up in a school where she basically was not happy.

Granted the story went in a very different direction, but i can't help but feel King watched this, took the basic elements and reworked them to make Carrie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread