Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Redcrimson
Mar 3, 2008

Second-stage Midboss Syndrome

Plot
In the peaceful and vaguely Eastern kingdom of Kouka, citizens and nobility alike prepare to celebrate the 16th birthday of the King's only child, Princess Yona. Yona lives a carefree life with her doting father and childhood friend, Hak. A spoiled and naive young girl, Yona is accustomed to getting anything she desires. Except for the affections of her first love, Soo-Wan. However, on the eve of her 16th birthday, Yona's life is thrown into chaos. When a traitor assassinates her father and stages a coup d'état, she is forced to flee the kingdom with Hak. Lost and frightened, the peaceful life Yona knew is gone forever. To take back her kingdom, Yona must rebuild her life and also raise an army. An army of powerful and handsome young men, naturally.

Characters

Princess Yona - CV: Chiwa Saito (You should know who Chiwa Saito is)
The 16-year-old princess of Kouka. Spoiled and naive. Dislikes her unruly vermillion hair.

Son Hak - CV: Tomoaki Maeno (Naotsugu in Log Horizon, Pain in Naruto)
Yona's childhood friend and bodyguard. One of Kouka's five generals, and said to be the strongest warrior in the kingdom.

Soo-Won - CV: Yusuke Kobayashi(Honoka Takamiya in Witch Craft Works, Kazuki Kurebayashi in WIXOSS)
Yona's cousin and childhood crush. Wise, confident, and a skilled fighter.

PVs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sb5QStlHuHQ

Streaming
Akatsuki no Yona has been licensed in NA by Funimation, but is still available for streaming on Crunchyroll.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Redcrimson
Mar 3, 2008

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

I... I don't think it's possible for this show to even take the Bechdel test.

Yona talks to that female servant in this episode, does that count? :v:

I hope this show starts introducing the other dudes next episode. I'm afraid this whole season is just going to be collecting bishies, and I'll have to wait for a theoretical second season to see them actually do stuff.

That sure was an adorable flashback though :allears:

Redcrimson
Mar 3, 2008

Aw, I was totally expecting Yona to pick up the bow and go all Hunger Games on some dudes.

Also I hope we got all the obligatory Creepy Shoujo Guy pick-up lines out of the way in this episode.

Redcrimson
Mar 3, 2008

Yeah, I don't really see how Moribito is anything like Yona aside from being vaguely-eastern fantasy-adventure stories.

• Locked thread