Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm liking this so far. I'm hoping most of the harem-y romance stuff I expect from looking at the promo art stays fairly low-key (because Hak is clearly the best guy and there should be no competition :colbert:)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Well that was a pretty great episode, glad things are finally starting to move in a direction with more rear end-kicking. I actually got a little bit of a chill there at the end when Yona finally got all fired up. Also, from the preview it looks like next episode she'll be getting a haircut.

I support more flirting from Hak but please don't be creepy with it dude.

Posting my nomination for Heang-dea as best throwaway side character, because he stole the show in the last episode and this one as well.

Everything Burrito fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Nov 4, 2014

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I was pretty sure it was two, considering how long its taking to get things going.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Yeah, Moribito is great and Balsa is probably my favorite female anime character ever but it's not really made for ogling dreamy dudes.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

There Bias Two posted:

I guess everyone has lost interest in this show due to glacial pacing?

Nope, still watching. I'm really liking blue dragon dude's little arc so far and am looking forward to even more bickering in the boy-harem after he joins.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
This week's episode had some pretty great scenes, for all that they didn't really go anywhere or do anything. Blue Dragon guy is pretty adorable, he's more like a pet than the squirrel is.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I like the more action-y opening animation but kinda felt like I went back in time to a 90s anime with the song.

From the preview looks like Su-won already smelled rebellion from the Earth clan and is using the war games as an opportunity to put the beat down on the general and win his loyalty. Fire is in his pocket, Wind has the baggage of Hak hanging over them so they can't really act up too much, the Sky general is his advisor or something? but is maybe feeling some of the same restlessness as Earth so maybe that will also be settled next episode? I don't remember seeing much about the Water tribe so maybe we'll be seeing another strategy later on to pull them under his influence unless next ep. also sorts them out. TBH it had been so long since we'd seen his POV I almost forgot who he was when he first showed up. I haven't read any of the manga yet but just glancing at the wiki there was a popularity poll and some pirate guy was #3 after Hak and Yona and now there's some pirate stuff in the opening so maybe we're going to get sidetracked with hot pirates soon. :pirate: :hf: :wiggle:

Everything Burrito fucked around with this message at 03:40 on Jan 21, 2015

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Yeah and I hate that it took up an entire episode but at least we get the pirate stuff and the green dragon next. There's pretty much no way this ends any other way than "get all the dragons together, dramatically look toward the capital in a still frame, roll credits" or something of that sort, kinda wondering if they're hoping for a second season to actually get some war on.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I just got a little tired of all the eyeball closeups on Geun-tae and HMMMM IS HE REALLY WHAT HE SEEMS HMMMM, especially considering it had already been largely telegraphed in the previous episode. It felt like something that could have been resolved in like half the time while still conveying the same information and sentiments, leaving at least a little time in the episode for Team Yona to progress.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm about 4 episodes behind and considering holding off til the rest is out so I can marathon to the end. I like the show and really hope it gets another season but the pace is kinda getting to me.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm catching up now and watching 3-4 episodes in a chunk is way better than week to week. Sucks to be behind but I kinda wish I'd watched the whole show this way.
Hak continues to be dreamy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Finished catching up and watched the last episode. It would have been pretty hilarious to have that guy in the opening the whole time but never actually show up but I guess they couldn't exactly do that. Still I felt like we just finished a really long prologue but never actually got to the meat of the story. I suppose it was successful as a promo for the manga since I'm gonna read it now, and I wouldn't mind it getting another season because it would be pretty cool to see all the dragons in action but felt like the pace was a detriment to the show. We got to really get to know the people we met early on, but the characters introduced later suffered for it I think.

• Locked thread