Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Paradoxish posted:

Look, no one is saying that it can't be done. It obviously can be, because people start small businesses every day.

You admit that it can be done. If a person can do it, then by the Law of Composition everyone can do it, so why aren't you? Since it's elementary that everyone can quit their jobs at once and start a successful business, then if they don't they deserve their poo poo jobs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

crack mayor posted:

Is the trip appreciated more by overtime guy, knowing the work he had to go through to arrange everything?

Put another, more blunt way; do we have to know pain to truly know pleasure? That might sound dramatic, but I think that's actually the base question, and might also answer the question of the value of work. Does having to spend the majority of your time doing something you would rather not do give you a better appreciation of the time you do get to yourself?

Yes. In fact, it's the secret to happiness.

This is why I crush my nuts in a machine press every morning. So I appreciate the rest of the day so much more.

• Locked thread