Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zeitgueist
Aug 8, 2003

by Ralp

wateroverfire posted:

Not to be an rear end but if your games are good why can't you make money from them?

You are just precious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeitgueist
Aug 8, 2003

by Ralp

wateroverfire posted:

I'm asking a question because I don't know, dude.

If you're asking that question in earnest you're shockingly naive. I think you're being disingenuous.

The quality of your work is only one factor in success, and often it's not remotely the most important one. The world isn't Just, capitalism doesn't necessarily reward quality.

Zeitgueist
Aug 8, 2003

by Ralp

Vermain posted:

The very idea of what is "good" is a shifty subject to pin down if we're solely using profit as a measure. A game like FarmVille is, gameplay-wise, dull and monotonous, but the fact that it is specifically designed to prey upon basic human compulsions has made Zynga a frankly incredible amount of money. Is FarmVille "good"?

Well it makes money of course it's good. :smugbert:

• Locked thread