Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

If I had some guaranteed permanent annuity I'd probably be a lot more relaxed. I would likely work on writing and would be more active in my community too. I think I'd definitely "do things," even if I wasn't laboring for a wage. There is the question of just what will our communities and so forth will look like if we have more and more people working in them, but frankly that's an experiment I'm willing to risk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

PT6A posted:

I'm not sure about this. Until we invent self-cleaning toilets and the like, I don't think scrubbing toilets will ever be fulfilling beyond giving the scrubber money (or, in the case of your own toilet, a clean toilet to use). You can certainly increase the pay level to a point where it's an attractive job to someone with a mincome, but that doesn't mean it can be made "fulfilling."
Well it depends what that person wants to do it for. If they're looking to increase their earnings to go alongside their citizen stipend so they can go to Metalfest then you probably could get them working part time for wages approximately resembling what they are now. An alternative would be that a large part of the workload of Joe Franchiseowner becomes scrubbing the public service toilets.

• Locked thread