Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Intruder posted:

I'm really looking forward to when I've been a mod long enough that people don't keep telling me about all the joke probations I should be doing

Didn't work for Gendo so enjoy that ride

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Ozu posted:

According to Tate, the black eye, and according to Harvin, the taking himself out of games. Just those two.

There are pics of the "black eye" and of course Harvin would say though

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

AAc how are you not African Ebola sweat yet

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

African AIDS cum posted:

There are pics of the "black eye" and of course Harvin would say though

My favorite team suddenly releases hit pieces on a dude and yeah I buy it

Harvin admits two things, denies one, and OH WELL OF COURSE HES LYING

Thanks AAC

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

AAA DOLFAN posted:

Thanks AAC

Did he admit to the body slam or the just a fight in general.

I mean I want it to be true, but I have my doubts.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
A piledriver or power slam would have been so much cooler.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
Russell Wilson's wife thought Golden Tate was her husband after Percy Harvin gave her a Stone Cold Stunner

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

AAA DOLFAN posted:

Thanks AAC

I know the lazy narrative here is athlete good management bad but I'm all for a little nuance myself

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Nuance being "my team is good and always makes good decisions."

Prozach
Oct 30, 2013

When God invented Lycra, he was thinking about Divas matches.
Everyone pretty much confirmed that the bodyslam happened so I dunno why they would cover up a black eye at the same timenevermind, the Jews did the cover up, it all makes sense now.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Intruder posted:

I'm really looking forward to when I've been a mod long enough that people don't keep telling me about all the joke probations I should be doing

I hadn't even noticed you were made a mod

I'm so sorry

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

AAA DOLFAN posted:

And frankly not really a massive mistake because overall they're very good.

Yeah it is kind of crazy how good the Seahawks have been considering the FO is terrible with first round picks outside of 2010.

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004
THEY SHOULD'VE GIVEN IT TO LYNCH

Death to the Seahawks. Death to Seahawks posters.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

Yeah it is kind of crazy how good the Seahawks have been considering the FO is terrible with first round picks outside of 2010.

if russell wilson had busted we would have spent the past 2 years with flynnsanity before going back to tarvaris jackson and ended up like the current texans only with slightly better offense and secondary but never going above 7-9

it's amazing how that one 3rd round pick has probably shaped the perception of the franchise more than anything else

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

wheez the roux posted:

if russell wilson had busted we would have spent the past 2 years with flynnsanity before going back to tarvaris jackson and ended up like the current texans only with slightly better offense and secondary but never going above 7-9

it's amazing how that one 3rd round pick has probably shaped the perception of the franchise more than anything else

Or we would have picked Bridgewater and gone 16-0 forwver.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

wheez the roux posted:

Yeah, I've come to the conclusion if we didn't have Russell we'd be the Texans, which just makes Russell that much more awesome.

DancingMachine
Aug 12, 2004

He's a dancing machine!
I don't really understand what the alternative theory is to why Seattle dumped him. If the organization is lying about him being a locker room problem and pulling himself out of games, what is the real reason they dumped him? Like they just accidentally filed trade paperwork and then made up an after the fact justification to save face?

It sucks that they made such a huge mistake in picks and money to acquire him in the first place. But I like that they at least were able to admit the mistake and move on immediately when it was clear it wouldn't work out.

At the time in the end of the Dallas and San Diego games when Brian Walters was on the field and had plays called for him it seemed impossibly stupid. Nobody could believe how dumb Bevel was for doing that. In retrospect it does in fact seem impossibly dumb. Nobody is that loving stupid.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Pete Carroll said this in an interview wi th the Seattle Times a year ago about changing perception:

quote:

"OK, let me give you an illustration," Carroll says. "Let's say, after all the stuff that we heard about what was going on in Iraq, we sent 10,000 people to Iraq as peacefully as we could go. And we walked wherever they would let us go, and we just talked to people and listened to what their issues were. And then we tried to figure out the best way we could support them and change things, as opposed to bombing (expletive) thousands of people with shock and awe. It might've taken us longer to influence change, but nobody would've died. And the power that we could've generated by just being willing to listen and see if there was a way we could answer their call and help them, whatever they wanted.

"Not tell them what to do. Not change them. Just help them go where they wanted to go. What if we had done that? How much money would that have cost us? Give me a thousand peace workers that would go over and do that. Just listen and talk. Think of what we could've done, as opposed to killing hundreds of thousands of people or whatever we did. And leave the wrath of what we did."

Carroll is trembling with intensity. His eye contact is so powerful that you can't look away from him.

Turn left Pete nooooo

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

drat, I agree with that Truther son of a bitch.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

He's ignoring some of the complexities of the situation, but 8 years ago, half of this website would be tripping over it's own dick to agree with everything he just said.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Tom Ley is pretty awesome.

http://deadspin.com/heres-how-9-11-truther-pete-carroll-would-have-prevente-1649321129

quote:

This plan may seem a little out there to you right now, what with it not even being lunch time yet and the harsh glare of the fluorescent lights making it difficult to think. But if you get really stoned tonight and revisit that passage again, I guarantee you it will be the realest poo poo you've ever read.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

The shrill, nebbish, city dwelling blogger makes a good point,

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
I wanna hear Mike Leach and Pete Carroll debate the big issues

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Lol throw a Seahawk jersey on Hitler and AAC will unknowingly morph into Eva Braun

Earthy Ape Unit
Jun 17, 2014

by XyloJW

AAA DOLFAN posted:

Lol throw a Seahawk jersey on Hitler and AAC will unknowingly morph into Eva Braun

Who is AAC?

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT

quote:

It might've taken us longer to influence change, but nobody would've died.

Political Expert Pete Carroll everybody.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

No Butt Stuff posted:

He's ignoring some of the complexities of the situation, but 8 years ago, half of this website would be tripping over it's own dick to agree with everything he just said.

Wait I am confused, this seems anti-war?

Though lol at the specifics of his plan.

CharlestheHammer fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Oct 23, 2014

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

http://forums.somethingawful.com/banlist.php?userid=185229

Earthy Ape Unit
Jun 17, 2014

by XyloJW

Why are people discussing Hitler and some dude named African Aids Cum instead of Percy Harvin going to the Jets?

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Earthy Ape Unit posted:

Why are people discussing Hitler and some dude named African Aids Cum instead of Percy Harvin going to the Jets?

People are discussing quite a few things linked to the Seahawks/Percy Harvin but keep up the good work

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Political Expert Pete Carroll everybody.

That's World Champion Pete Carroll focusing on global problems.

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

REPORTER: Is it true that you punched Golden Tate in the face?

HARVIN: Hell yeah it is. Dude was trying to talk to a bunch of us about how insanely problematic it is that girls are constantly harassed over Xbox Live. Guy just kept going on about women as objects in video games, I mean, poo poo, Derrick was nodding his head along with the group and that rear end in a top hat can't even hear when everyone else says the fagg*t word and asks for titty pics during our intense nightly LoL matches. I can't let that poo poo stand in this locker room, ya know? So yeah, I hit him. I yelled "HASHTAG GAMERGATE, BITCH" while I did it. Man, I should've knocked that motherfucker's teeth out. You can write that down.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
Kind of laughable how the media is eating up this locker room cancer storyline but continues to ignore that Harvin was one of the founders of #GamerGate and continues to create burner Twitter accounts to threaten female game devs

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
What the gently caress is gamergate?

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

swickles posted:

Big Anime Fan Here posted:

Basically what happened is a woman made a game and had sex with some game reviewers. I literally watched the same thing happen when I had some jangly indie pop bands from the UK staying over at my house and a bunch of dumpy fat girls who write for pitchfork/rollingstone or whatever showed up and coerced them into loving for good reviews. Please close that stupid loving thread because there's no reason to discuss such a pointless topic.

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004
THEY SHOULD'VE GIVEN IT TO LYNCH

Death to the Seahawks. Death to Seahawks posters.

swickles posted:

Anita Sarkeesian cucked Percy Harvin and he took out his anger by calling Russell Wilson a cornball brother

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

swickles posted:

A thing so stupid and terrible that you can actively goatse threads about it.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

wheez the roux posted:

Anita Sarkeesian cucked Percy Harvin and he took out his anger by calling Russell Wilson a cornball brother

Is Russell Wilson black enough to use the N-Word?

Prozach
Oct 30, 2013

When God invented Lycra, he was thinking about Divas matches.

swickles posted:

Looks like it's a stand-in queen ant.

Basically Carroll wanted Bevell to become the new queen of the offense and Harvin said "no way Jose" and left.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

wheez the roux posted:

hahahaha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Do not discuss GamerGate, I'm not even kidding

Prozach posted:

Looks like it's a stand-in queen ant.

Basically Carroll wanted Bevell to become the new queen of the offense and Harvin said "no way Jose" and left.

Unless it's this type of Gamergate, then discuss away

• Locked thread